Is Samsung Galaxy A7 Lite Compatible with P4Pro / GO 4 App?

Reaction score
Hi everyone:

From what I can tell, it is NOT listed on the supported devices on the DJI website. Then again, they only list a handful of phones as compatible on that site.

(Isn't there an UNofficial supported device list somewhere out on the internets?)

I am looking to pick up an inexpensive tablet (I need one for Matterport 3D scans) anyway. But it would be great to be able to use it for flying my drone, too.

Also, in general, do tablets NEED a cellular connection for things like GPS and such?

Also, for what it's worth, I have been using my Motorola Moto G Stylus with my P4P and haven't had a problem with it, despite it NOT being on the official supported device list.

And finally, if anyone has a suggestion for a better tablet in that price range of around $150, please let me know.

Thanks in advance.

If you already own the phone, go for it. Go4 doesn’t require huge amounts of power. My Galaxy A53 isn’t listed but works great with Go4 and FLY.
Comparing the 2, you should be fine.

You can get a used iPad mini 4 for $150 that works well with Go4, I have one (128G wifi) that looks new might sell for that price, but won’t run FLY. Had to buy a mini 5 to also use FLY. Keep that in mind if thinking of getting a newer Mavic in the future.

Last edited:
Reactions: Just Mark
If you already own the phone, go for it. Go4 doesn’t require huge amounts of power. My Galaxy A53 isn’t listed but works great with Go4 and FLY.
Comparing the 2, you should be fine.

You can get a used iPad mini 4 for $150 that works well with Go4, I have one (128G wifi) that looks new might sell for that price, but won’t run FLY. Had to buy a mini 5 to also use FLY. Keep that in mind if thinking of getting a newer Mavic in the future.

Thank you for the input. I will try it out.

I had to pick up a tablet at bestbuy yesterday for a different purpose (matterport) so we will see if / how it works with GO 4 when I have the opportunity. There is a two-week return period so I should be ok to return it if it doesn't work out.

Reactions: Capt KO
Hi everyone:

From what I can tell, it is NOT listed on the supported devices on the DJI website. Then again, they only list a handful of phones as compatible on that site.

(Isn't there an UNofficial supported device list somewhere out on the internets?)

I am looking to pick up an inexpensive tablet (I need one for Matterport 3D scans) anyway. But it would be great to be able to use it for flying my drone, too.

Also, in general, do tablets NEED a cellular connection for things like GPS and such?

Also, for what it's worth, I have been using my Motorola Moto G Stylus with my P4P and haven't had a problem with it, despite it NOT being on the official supported device list.

And finally, if anyone has a suggestion for a better tablet in that price range of around $150, please let me know.

Thanks in advance.
I just traded in an iPad mini 4 to Samsung for a Galaxy Tab A7 64GB 4GB tablet . The 4GBs is recommended for the fly app. The mini 4 doesn’t play with the dji fly app. I just flew my Inspire 1 with the dji Go app and the A7. No problems or glitches. If Go4 has problems with the tablet, go to the Samsung website and renew it there. Make sure your tablet will download from unknown sources, my A7 was set not to. I had to change it to redownload the GO app. Samsung has a great trade in policy, especially for Apple devices.

From what I can tell the list doesn't mean only these specific devices will be compatible. Devices outside the list can also be connected and used. But I'd suggest that you have at least 4GB RAM on your device for smooth functionality.

Reactions: Just Mark
From what I can tell the list doesn't mean only these specific devices will be compatible. Devices outside the list can also be connected and used. But I'd suggest that you have at least 4GB RAM on your device for smooth functionality.

Just to follow up a bit...

I went with a slightly more expensive tablet (Samsung Tab S6 Lite) but haven't tested it out yet. Hope to do so soon. Been a crazy week or two.
Will keep people updated.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31