Is my battery toast? Lower voltage on 1 cell

Reaction score
Yesterday as I took off to test my NEW SHELL..... - my #2 cell on the battery showed Yellow - and the voltage was slightly lower than the other 3. So I brought if back down & flew different batteries.

But I didn't get the "BAD CELL" warning yet. Just yellow color. So I took it home and let it run in the basement props spinning, I figure that will keep cooler since I couldn't just left it run in the yard at 2' off the ground. Took well over an hour to run it down.
When it got to 10% it just shut down. Which is weird as I've run my other batteries down to 8% in the past to reset the cells. But this time at 10% the props just shut down. Good thing it wasn't in the air.....

Then I charged it fully. And here is the screenshot of the cells.
The #2 cell is still a bit lower. only .03v less than the others - but definitely less.
Am I SOL with this battery or is there anything that can be done? Can one cell be replaced?
I have another with a definitely bad cell that I use for testing at home, checking settings & maintenance at home. But now a 2nd one . Hate to just have to scrap it if theres anything that can be done.

Any point to running it down again & recharge back up?

One other thing - it already says 94% even though I just took it of the charger.
PhantomBattery-2-scrnsht.jpg

Mine is only .03, maybe it's still good. Will fly it Wednesday to find out. Thx

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrl