Is it safe to fly using a phone that doesnt have a sim card in it?

Reaction score
I would like to fly the Standard using a Iphone 5s since its compatible,and the phone I'm using now is not,just to see if I notice any difference. Is it safe if the Iphone doesn't have a sim card in it?

Is it safe if the Iphone doesn't have a sim card in it?
Yes. You just won't be able to use any features in DJI GO that require an Internet connection. None of those features are needed to fly.

You will have everything but the map unless you download it while you are on wifi. I’ve flown a P4 and a Mavic Pro on a 5S without a problem. The iPad I usually use to fly does not have a SIM card in it. I am usually flying a Mavic Enterprise Dual.

I think there are cannot be any problems but I think that it is better to keep it on airplane mode, because we don't know what can happen. Usually I can use my phone as well and there are not any problems but I am always setting it on airplane mode so the pilots can see where they are going. You can see more information about broadband and mobile tips from experts. There is a lot of information about this things. Moreover they have different interesting life hacks that I am sure you will like.

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31