Is it possible to extract only one DAT record from the AC?

Reaction score
I am testing some new flight software (Hammer Missions) and it does not yet create a log file that you can extract using iTunes. Since AirData can now import DAT files, I have used that to get the DAT file and log my flight. I know how to extract the DAT files from the AC by making a disk image of the internal SD card but this process takes a long time - around 45 minutes. I usually only want the DAT file for the last flight I did, so is it possible on a P3S to just be able to mount the internal SD card and extract the one file I need rather than copying all of the flight records each time?

As far as I know, I cannot use DJI Assistant 2 on a P3S to do this.

I am using a Mac laptop with the current OS. I also have Windows 10 on it so I can use Windows if it makes this process easier.

Thanks,

Chris

I am testing some new flight software (Hammer Missions) and it does not yet create a log file that you can extract using iTunes. Since AirData can now import DAT files, I have used that to get the DAT file and log my flight. I know how to extract the DAT files from the AC by making a disk image of the internal SD card but this process takes a long time - around 45 minutes. I usually only want the DAT file for the last flight I did, so is it possible on a P3S to just be able to mount the internal SD card and extract the one file I need rather than copying all of the flight records each time?

As far as I know, I cannot use DJI Assistant 2 on a P3S to do this.

I am using a Mac laptop with the current OS. I also have Windows 10 on it so I can use Windows if it makes this process easier.

Thanks,

Chris
Have you already tried the Windows method linked below?

How to retrieve a .DAT

Reactions: JoBe
Have you already tried the Windows method linked below?

How to retrieve a .DAT
Oso,
Thanks for your reply. No, I haven't tried the windows method yet (I run Windows 10 via Virtualization software on my Mac). I was assuming the Windows method on that link would be much the same as on a Mac which makes a disk image of the whole 4GB internal SD card, but upon looking again, it seems like I can just choose the file I want in Windows rather than downloading all of them. If this is the case then that will be much easier and much less time consuming. I'll give it a try.

Thanks,

Chris

Reactions: JoBe
Tried it on Windows 10 and was able to extract only the FLYxxx.DAT file I needed rather than the whole SD card. Although it is still a slow process, it is 100% quicker than copying the whole SD card.

I'm surprised that the internal SD card cannot be mounted on a Mac and accessed so only the specific files needed can be copied. Makes having Windows around to deal with problems like this worth it!

Thanks Oso for your help. You have saved me a ton of time for the next time I need to do this.

Chris

Reactions: JoBe and Oso

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj