Is it okay if,while carrying my Standard,the drone 'sits' upside down

Reaction score
While transferring my Standard,is it okay if it 'sits' upside down,aka the camera is facing up and the propellers are facing down?

Yes, it's okay for the drone to be in that position. I recommend you do the following though:
  • Make sure the gimbal lock is properly attached
  • Remove the props so they are not damaged

I regularly carry my P3P (and P3S before) by one leg and that means its hanging near upside down with no gimbal lock and with props on.

I just make sure I do not cause sudden bangs, jolts etc. as that may 'stress' the gimbal / camera motors / joints in orientation not designed for.

I regularly carry my P3P (and P3S before) by one leg and that means its hanging near upside down with no gimbal lock and with props on
Me too.

But, I don't do this when transporting my Phantoms in a case. The lock goes on and the props would definitely come off if I thought the case would be in the upside down position at any point. I don't want any unnecessary pressure to be placed on the props.

Me too.

But, I don't do this when transporting my Phantoms in a case. The lock goes on and the props would definitely come off if I thought the case would be in the upside down position at any point. I don't want any unnecessary pressure to be placed on the props.
This is off topic,but I dont want to start a new thread for this since its quite simple. I lost my propeller removal clamp for the Standard,and so far I wasnt able to remove the propellers by hand. Any advice,some simple tool that would help me?

Take a dry tissue or cloth and wrap round the motor ... grip that and then unscrew prop ... making sure of course you are unwinding the correct way.

I have the tool - but never had to use it.

If you have a friend with a 3D printer - they can knock up a prop tool for you

While transferring my Standard,is it okay if it 'sits' upside down,aka the camera is facing up and the propellers are facing down?

How to bend your props. ;)

Tight Props. ;)

Rod

I lost my propeller removal clamp for the Standard,and so far I wasnt able to remove the propellers by hand. Any advice,some simple tool that would help me?
Make sure you're turning the props in the correct direction. If they are really that tight, then you are cranking on them too much when installing them. After they stop spinning as you're winding them on, you should only need to turn them about 1/4 of a turn to tighten them.

How to bend your props. ;)

Tight Props. ;)

Rod
I see what ur doing :) Thanks

Make sure you're turning the props in the correct direction. If they are really that tight, then you are cranking on them too much when installing them. After they stop spinning as you're winding them on, you should only need to turn them about 1/4 of a turn to tighten them.
I knew I thightened them too much when I couldnt remove them by hand. I know better now,thank you

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20