Is it my brand new ZENMUSE behaving?

Reaction score
I just installed my brand new Zenmuse on a Phantom V1.1. I haven't be able to test it on a real flight yet, but I've been doing some test on my desk and I would appreciate some feedback on few points.

1. GP is getting really hot together with the Zenmuse plate. Is it normal?

2. A couple of times the GP is just freezing, once the GP was off when I connected the main battery on the Phantom then charging led went on, but then the GP was completly frozen. I could not switch it on, I had to take the battery off the GP to make it come to life. Other opportunity the GP was sending to the VTX the same image (I was thinking what a great stable image, after I realize it was a frozen image). Anybody with the same experience ?

3. I couple of times I've heard a strage noise coming from the engines of the Zenmuse, it was like a servo going under stress. Is not hapenning all the time. Is it something that I need to worry about ?

Any feedback will be appreciated.

M

I have a phantom 2 with zenmuse gimbal and I have noticed the back of the gimbal gets really hot at times. When I have noticed it, I also noticed the Go Pro battery was on empty, so perhaps the extra heat is from the zenmuse charging the battery? I charged my go pro battery and then tested it and it didn't seem to overheat. You might see if that is the same for you.

I have also had my go pro be unable to turn on. It will have a the blue light flashing in front of gopro, however, there is no wifi on (which is what the blue light usually indicates, as I understand it). It has happened to me twice and each time, I removed the gopro from zenmuse, then removed go pro battery and reinserted it, then put it back in gimbal. All work fine after that. I wonder if perhaps the gopro overheats and has some sort of auto shutoff to protect it? I haven't really figured it out.

CouesWhitetail said:
I have a phantom 2 with zenmuse gimbal and I have noticed the back of the gimbal gets really hot at times. When I have noticed it, I also noticed the Go Pro battery was on empty, so perhaps the extra heat is from the zenmuse charging the battery? I charged my go pro battery and then tested it and it didn't seem to overheat. You might see if that is the same for you.

I have also had my go pro be unable to turn on. It will have a the blue light flashing in front of gopro, however, there is no wifi on (which is what the blue light usually indicates, as I understand it). It has happened to me twice and each time, I removed the gopro from zenmuse, then removed go pro battery and reinserted it, then put it back in gimbal. All work fine after that. I wonder if perhaps the gopro overheats and has some sort of auto shutoff to protect it? I haven't really figured it out.

Thanks Coues for your feedback. Glad to know that I am not the only one that is noticing the overheating.

What about my point 3, is something that has ever hapenned to you?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20