• 90m or above

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 100m or above

Votes: 1 8.3%
  • 110m or above

Votes: 1 8.3%

• Total voters
Reaction score
Is it legal in the UK to fly over property that you do not own such as neighbours houses as long as you do not infringe on their privacy and are high enough... Just wondering as it is not made clear in the CAA's drone code?

Is it legal in the UK to fly over property that you do not own such as neighbours houses as long as you do not infringe on their privacy and are high enough... Just wondering as it is not made clear in the CAA's drone code?

Just to be clear, "High enough " equates to 50 metres generally and 150metres over a congested area.

Reactions: Brizo
I usually try to keep around 50m above peoples homes due to the noise the drone makes. Sometimes higher. I rarely fly below 200m and often above 450m as I am in Taiwan with no height restrictions in many places. People do not own the airspace above their properties even though they think they do.

Just to be clear, "High enough " equates to 50 metres generally and 150metres over a congested area.
The 150 metres is away from, not over, a congested area. You're not allowed to fly over built up areas at any height.

It's not 'bull'. The Air Navigation Order defines a congested area as being 'any area of a city, town or settlement which is substantially used for residential, industrial, commercial or recreational purposes'

Reactions: Brizo
It's not 'bull'. The Air Navigation Order defines a congested area as being 'any area of a city, town or settlement which is substantially used for residential, industrial, commercial or recreational purposes'

My statement was to do with ' not allowed to fly over 'built up areas' at ANY height...... Read the complete ANO.

You're quite an aggressive typist aren't you Phil. If you're going to make dismissive comments you should make your point clearly [emoji6]

Reactions: Philltayl
Screen Shot 2017-04-09 at 19.30.56.png

That is the law, not a recommendation

If your aircraft has a camera, Article 95 is the one that applies.

Believe what you want...I'm finished :);)

If your aircraft has a camera, Article 95 is the one that applies.

Believe what you want...I'm finished :);)

These regulations are shown below and there are some specific additional steps that must be taken if a drone is being flown for ‘aerial work’. :)

ie article 95

lol

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.