Is DJI care worth the money

Reaction score
Hey guys just got a Mavic 2. And am wondering before my 48hrs runs out if I want to get DJI care. Just wondering other people’s experience with the policy. I’ve had a p3 and still have my p4. Did hit a tree with my p3 when I first got it and fixed the broken gimbal myself. That was just my dumb error. Have never had any problems with p4. But with the way the Mavic folds I’m just wondering if there will be wear after a year or the arms folding will have a flaw found after many uses. But is the fee really worth it for only 12 months of coverage. And another deductible on top of that just wanting few opinions thanks guys

Reactions: Drippintx
Hey guys just got a Mavic 2. And am wondering before my 48hrs runs out if I want to get DJI care. Just wondering other people’s experience with the policy. I’ve had a p3 and still have my p4. Did hit a tree with my p3 when I first got it and fixed the broken gimbal myself. That was just my dumb error. Have never had any problems with p4. But with the way the Mavic folds I’m just wondering if there will be wear after a year or the arms folding will have a flaw found after many uses. But is the fee really worth it for only 12 months of coverage. And another deductible on top of that just wanting few opinions thanks guys

Yes very worth it. I never had a problem from my P4+ V2. But out of no where I get knock out of the air buy a Hawk at 300 feet. Did over 600.00 damage to it. The 99.00 replacement was great. got a new drone. I will renew it when it comes time.

Reactions: justinca2013
I got the DJI care for my Spark. Never used the 2 replacements before it ran out and now have the Care Plus for another year. Still haven’t used it but it’s there if I need it. For me it’s piece-of-mind. If/When I get a Mavic I would definitely get the Care package especially since a Mavic 2 is 3-4 times the cost of a Spark.

Chris

Ah good call on the State Farm. They ensure that and flyaways which DJI does not. And premium is half. But The deductible is 200 instead of 110 but I think it’s worth that to know if it flies away or was to go into a lake or something you don’t half to struggle to get it back to ship it off. Thanks guys for all the info big help

Yes very worth it. I never had a problem from my P4+ V2. But out of no where I get knock out of the air buy a Hawk at 300 feet. Did over 600.00 damage to it. The 99.00 replacement was great. got a new drone. I will renew it when it comes time.

Ouch!! I know that hawk got more than he bargained for when he grabbed on to your drone probably thinking it was another bird or something they could eat.

I have insurance through state farm. No deductible and I don't need to recover the p4p for the claims process.

I also only pay $90 for $3k of coverage. I'm covered for theft as well.

No, I would say dji care/refresh is a ripoff.

I have insurance through state farm. No deductible and I don't need to recover the p4p for the claims process.

Thanks I like the idea of it gets stolen or does a fly away I don’t have to track it down. Do you know if they insure more than one at a time for my p4 and Mavic 2. I assume it’s just like having two cars just and it’s just a additional premium.

YES! My P4P tangled with fir tree hanging needles & tumbled to the ground after having it for 6 months. Gimble out of alignment & some popped out leg seams. I contacted dji & they had me ship it to California for service. A few weeks kater, I received a brand new P4P!

The only thing that bothers me about the State Farm comments is that after it was sent in for repair, it took a few weeks to get it back. Not good turn-around time. I recently sent my P4P back to DJI and had it back within a week after they completed the repair. However, I have State Farm for my house and cars so I will check out their drone insurance as well.

It may not be as good as State Farm coverage but for those of us that can’t get State Farm coverage, Care Refresh is the only option. Even though I have not used my Care Refresh, I still consider it worth it and will purchase it again when I get my next drone.

Chris

Thanks for the information. After selling my backup, I've been a little nervous flying. Calling my Allstate agent tomorrow, hope they will insure 2 used phantom drones untill I get a new mavic2. I fly over water so recovery can be difficult. Don't have State Farm anymore, they quit Florida homeowners. Citizens doesn't bundle. KO

State Farm is not available everywhere. Not in California, for example. I think DJI Care Refresh is well worth the price. I have replaced my P4A twice in two years. Most recently DJI Repair found water damage to PC boards inside the drone body, which is not covered by the manufacturer warranty. They quoted me a replacement price of about $1300 for the P4 with gimbal and camera. That's without the RC or batteries or anything else. Or I could pay $99 for a new or like new replacement under my Care Refresh plan. Guess which option I chose. They also cover the shipping both ways.

Thanks for the information. After selling my backup, I've been a little nervous flying. Calling my Allstate agent tomorrow, hope they will insure 2 used phantom drones untill I get a new mavic2. I fly over water so recovery can be difficult. Don't have State Farm anymore, they quit Florida homeowners. Citizens doesn't bundle. KO

I live in FL. Try another agent.

To say that DJI Care Refresh is a rippoff is not being fair. Insurance is just that, Insurance. It's something we pay never expecting to have to use it. I guarantee you, if you don't have insurance you'll wish you had paid "any" amount for it should you need it and you have to replace all of your gear out of pocket.

Refresh is not an unreasonable amount and you get two replacements if needed, no cost. It's especially beneficial to new pilots who are generally more prone to have a catastrophe in the early months of flying. I personally had a catastrophe my first few months with my Inspire2. It went into the water. I used Refresh and it was completely replaced without costing a penny. They also replaced the batteries.

Then, after you become a more seasoned pilot and Refresh is gone or not renewable, it's time to search for State Farm or similar. But to just characterize Refresh as a ripoff is really not a fair characterization.

I have been flying drones for 6 years and never bought the insurance and never had a crash. I bought the Mavic 2 Pro last year and decided on a whim, to buy Care Refresh for the first time. I was doing a mapping mission over a couple hundred acres and 1000's of photos. Client wanted flown at exactly 40'. I was 90 percent done with the grid when I hit an antenna that was at 41'. Literally the only place on entire property with any obstruction. Mavic was ruined. I had totally even forgot I bought the refresh and was pretty dejected at the loss but **** happens. One of the property managers asked, "Do you have insurance?" And I remembered that I bought it!

Filled out the form, popped the ruins in a box on a Monday afternoon, had the brand new replacement the following Tuesday. It was as painless a claim and return as one could imagine.

I remember having an warranty issue with my first drone, the Phantom 2 Vision+ and having to send it back to DJI. It took about 10 weeks to get it back and I lost most of the summer which sucked. They've come a long way since then and I think it is a decent investment. Unfortunately, State Farm is not available in my state.

If you run past the 48 hours, you can also do the verification video just so you know.

I have been flying drones for 6 years and never bought the insurance and never had a crash. I bought the Mavic 2 Pro last year and decided on a whim, to buy Care Refresh for the first time. I was doing a mapping mission over a couple hundred acres and 1000's of photos. Client wanted flown at exactly 40'. I was 90 percent done with the grid when I hit an antenna that was at 41'. Literally the only place on entire property with any obstruction. Mavic was ruined. I had totally even forgot I bought the refresh and was pretty dejected at the loss but **** happens. One of the property managers asked, "Do you have insurance?" And I remembered that I bought it!

Filled out the form, popped the ruins in a box on a Monday afternoon, had the brand new replacement the following Tuesday. It was as painless a claim and return as one could imagine.

I remember having an warranty issue with my first drone, the Phantom 2 Vision+ and having to send it back to DJI. It took about 10 weeks to get it back and I lost most of the summer which sucked. They've come a long way since then and I think it is a decent investment. Unfortunately, State Farm is not available in my state.

If you run past the 48 hours, you can also do the verification video just so you know.

Thanks for the reply. All these answers have helped a lot. But here is the million dollar question for me. State Farm IS offered in my area. I see the advantages to both but can’t make up my mind which one for sure. I am going to be using it for 107 flying does State Farm help more in that area? Like offer any even a small amount of Liability coverage

I tried doing that with my Farmer's Insurance, but my agent said no coverage over the basic renters insurance. Maybe home owners insurance would be better, but my policy will not cover flyaways, bird strikes, drop-into-the-ocean due to battery failures, etc.

Has anybody had better luck with Farmer's, or should I consider a switch to State Farm?

Chris

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.