IS A CLASS ACTION LAW SUIT DUE AGAINST DJI

well I don't know what you say until I read it, so how do I know not to read it ?

Now I know - and will heed your advice :)

On a more serious and constructive (LOOK ! CONSTRUCTIVE !) note, I don't see why DJI cant put a logging mode in the firmware where data is logged to ...say... the camera card. I guess flytrex data might be helpful is seeing any precursors to flyaway - but there are just so mahny causes, most of which you cant /see/ - that cell phone tower during especially good propagation conditions. Solar activity (ok you can see that before you fly, if you want). Dumping/logging data structures and decision loop exits might be useful - and with 32GB on board, I don't see why it wouldn't be a possibility - of course there are needed machine cycles taken to do the logging/debug, but hell - its not that bad. Perhaps an instrumented firmware version, with logging for different facilities that can be turned on or off...

So all flown away birds never get found - and this is just about your flyaway ? I get it now.

Ive had mine for about 3 months now - and fly it all over the place. I always feel the risk of a new place, because its difficult to know just what kind of signal or noise conditions you are gonna encounter - so the first flight in a new place always makes me careful, and ready to 'pull the plug'. Yeah, I fly mostly suburban. I would love to have some sort of panoramic receiver or field strength meter or something that could measure noise or signal activity where I fly. It would be mitigation of what I believe is /the/ biggest risk.

Im not sure what the control signal uses for protocol, but it seems to me the phantom should be able to sense what is sensical in the control signal and what is not - again, at the cost of machine cycles.

Lets take the data logging idea one step further then - since the video downlink is a NETWORK, getting the data to the ground station would be trivial (although it could impact the FPV a bit).

As far as the flyaway forms, I see it as DJI trying to quantify the conditions and perhaps find patterns in the flyaway - as issues like yours and others, as you say, are difficult to prove either way. I view the flyaway forms as constructive, and showing that DJI /does/ want to solve any issues - certainly, its in their best interest.

In any case, Im sorry you lost your bird. Its certainly a tragic loss - and something I never want to have to deal with (although im more worried about hurting people than anything).

If its any consolation, I don't see many reports of flyaways anymore. Maybe its just my perception - but I do keep an eye on it, as current reports of flyaways are the single thing that tempt me to keep the thing on the ground. It seems to me they have made headway in tightening up the code - and users have made headway in understanding that this isn't a toy you pull out of the box and fly without care.

I know. That's probably no consolation. Good luck to you.

Opwan, you are so full of it that forum members are asking you to leave and not come back. Whiners like you who have suited everybody in their life that doesn't make them happy are a dime a dozen on the internet. You have provided ZERO proof of your allegations against DJI and their products, other than your BS. You have claimed to have recouped hundreds of thousands of dollars in "product liability" cases, but conveniently for you, have a confidentiality agreement so you have an excuse when called out, just as I predicted you would.

Internet trolls like you are easily spotted, and eventually ignored. So do yourself and the forum members a favor, either put up or shut up. Your silly arguments are getting no where with forum members, most of us have heard it all before. Go ahead with your lawsuit, I for one will be anxious to see the judge laugh at you, if the court even takes your complaint. My guess is that as soon as DJI's legal team responds, your complaint will be dismissed, probably the same thing that happened in your mysterious "product liability" suit where you allegedly pocketed $300,000. And if you are lucky, DJI won't countersuit for costs.

Judge: "Mr. Obiewan, please provide the defense with discovery, indluding all your proof of this product failing."
Obiewan: "Well, I really don't have any but my Phantom flew away and I swear it's true, and a bunch of people on the internet had the same thing happen"
Judge: "Ok, have you had an expert look at the Phantom that flew away"
Obiewan: " Um, no, because I don't have it, but I suited before and got $300,000, so that proves I am credible, although I can't reveal any of the details about my previous suit, sorry"
Judge: "So you have no physical proof and your case is based on the same thing happening to a handful of others using the same product, out of hundreds of thousands sold?"
Obiewan:"Yup, pretty compelling isn't it?"
Judge: "Get the f**k out of my courtroom and stop wasting the taxpayer's money or I'll have you thrown out"

BTW, here is a quote from Opwan in the General forum, discussing his "flyaway": "Ive lost a few dozen machines in my lifetime due to control glitches and my ******* mistakes. That's all part of RC and can accept that every time you put something in the air it may be the last time you see it."

For me, Fly-away has been a verb... rather than a noun.

Been flying r/c aircraft with far less reliable radio and electronic systems for a few decades so the occasional loss of this or that is nothing new for me. Then as now most of the causes for failure lie within the operator.

I realize that a large number of P2 pilots are first-time r/c'ers either admittedly or based on questions so I understand the loss seems out of the possibility to many. This is further exacerbated by the perceived complexity (compass calibration overkill for example) and lack of a/c fault redundancy.

For seasoned folks it's just 'part of the game'.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj