IS A CLASS ACTION LAW SUIT DUE AGAINST DJI

Qwadjok said:
Mal_PV2_Ireland said:
Did you buy it with a credit card or paypal? If so use the payment protection and get your money back. But 3 days with a faulty copter and you suggest a class action???

Credit Card direct through DJI. My previous P2V was through a dealer.

Also, For those who don't know or don't read these threads much, look over my other posts and read the hundreds of others that have the same issues I am having. Just because you haven't had one yet doesn't mean you won't.

QJ

I got mine 3 months ago and after a complete power failure it fell 100m onto the grass. It had to be sent back to dji Germany and I was without it for 3 weeks. I left it in the hands of my dealer, dji shipped it direct back to me. So you not having yours for 3 days is nothing compared to my 3 weeks out. It was very frustrating but I didnt try rally the troops and get everyone to sue. Maybe its just our lack of litigation culture here. I'm just happy to have it back and for it to be earning for me once again.

:lol: CHINA
A fellow contractor lost $2.5 M on a Chinese Government "guaranteed" loan to build a solar panel plant in the U.S. He had to get a second mortgage on his house to pay bills. Attorney Generals have been involved from State and Federal Governments. The plant is empty, as well, their pockets.

I'm sure your lawsuit will recoup your loss! :cry:

Opwan said:
:lol: What you don't understand is DJI also has a US headquarters now. And I have recouped 300 grand :D :lol: while people like you were laughing, who's laughing now? :oops:
Why don't you donate your big settlement to those unfortunate fly away victims?
Some class action suite. :lol:

Opwan said:
Keep letting companies run over you and see how far you get

And if companies like DJI gave money to everyone that says they had a flyaway, how far would they get?
All DJI have is your word. They have no idea what happened and under what circumstances.
It's a bit much to expect them to do anything in this case.

If you have no proof or evidence to show and can only say what you think may have happened, you can't expect to get very far with any sort of legal action. Any judge getting a case like that wouldn't waste much time on it.

But your honour, if you just read a few forums it should be plain that the multicopter that I built and flew could only have failed to return because of a fault in one of the components and I deserve to be compensated.

Gee let's see...I started flying RC in the mid-70's. You built your aircraft from sheets of balsa wood the you overlaid with a paper template and cut out. EVERYTHING was from scratch.

They actually used to weave fabric by hand too. We evolved... :roll:

Have a nice day! :D

Opwan said:
:lol: What you don't understand is DJI also has a US headquarters now. And I have recouped 300 grand :D :lol: while people like you were laughing, who's laughing now? :oops: I'm not asking for a million dollars here I would just like to have some of my equipment replaced. I guess I should just be a spineless piece of jello and kiss a big ol drone companies hind end? People like you may follow the crowd but I tend to stand up for what's right and wrong. Just me, sorry if that offends you.

Could you please cite the specific case and location where you won the $300,000? If it was a civil case, which it certainly sounds like, it is a matter of public record, so there should be no privacy issue in revealing the case # and location. Or if it was multiple cases, which sounds likely as you seem to have suited quite a few large corporations and won, please cite a couple of the larger cases, with case # and jurisdiction. Thanks.

EDIT: Somehow I doubt I will get a response to this post, or if there is one it will be a bunch of excuses as to why Obiewan can't reveal the info. I call BS.

well i own 3 of them, and i purchase them from amazon, so if i have an issue during the first 30 days i just return it, this has only happened once and they sent me another one within a week.

DJI has horrible customer service, everyone knows this, so to protect yourself, either get your money back by disputing with your card company or do as i do and buy it from amazon, and i do NOT even try to get a repair done with warranty, i just nut up and pay for it. i had a P2V+ that flew fine but one of the motors was a little tight when i spun it with my finger, so i sent it to helihobby in Reseda california, and Dan fixed it in no time. yes i paid for the repair out of pocket, it was less than 150.

as far as a class action law suit, im with that other guy, 3 days after your purchase you want to lawyer up and class action?
you gotta be a smarter buyer.

its buyer beware, and DJI being a chinese company and on the other side of the world, means they can pretty much ignore you.

now like i said, i own 3 phantoms and have only had an issue with one, and it was a camera issue, i returned it to amazon and they sent me another one. all 3 fly perfectly.....sorry about your bad luck, but no I dont think 3 days after a purchase warrants a class action law suit.

i emailed them last week and got a response within 1 day... it was based on satellite locking.. they told me to return the unit.

Qwadjok said:
I am considering contacting an attorney in the neighborhood of the DJI North America offices in Los Angeles to seek a possible class action injunction against them for several actionable causes.

If you are going to go legal hire a local attorney who has a solid track record of resolving consumer complaints, as for going class, that is something to try and avoid, as a class almost always benefits the defendant at the expense of the plaintiff's.

Look at it from DJI's point of view, if a company can settle hundreds of lawsuits working with a single law firm versus hundreds of law firms the class costs less and has considerably less risk if won.

In the end DJI is happy, the law firm is happy and the members of the class get, say, a $50 rebate good toward future DJI product purchases.

Wayne

Isn't the problem here 'burden of proof'?

The plaintiff must prove a defect occurred in his/her case while DJI doesn't have to prove really anything, No???

How encompassing is their disclaimer(s)?

Opwan said:
Jstic said:
Opwan said:
:lol: What you don't understand is DJI also has a US headquarters now. And I have recouped 300 grand :D :lol: while people like you were laughing, who's laughing now? :oops: I'm not asking for a million dollars here I would just like to have some of my equipment replaced. I guess I should just be a spineless piece of jello and kiss a big ol drone companies hind end? People like you may follow the crowd but I tend to stand up for what's right and wrong. Just me, sorry if that offends you.

Could you please cite the specific case and location where you won the $300,000? If it was a civil case, which it certainly sounds like, it is a matter of public record, so there should be no privacy issue in revealing the case # and location. Or if it was multiple cases, which sounds likely as you seem to have suited quite a few large corporations and won, please cite a couple of the larger cases, with case # and jurisdiction. Thanks.

EDIT: Somehow I doubt I will get a response to this post, or if there is one it will be a bunch of excuses as to why Obiewan can't reveal the info. I call BS.
It was not a civil case, it was a product liability case. I could care less if you call BS or not, it's none of your buisness anyway. Part of the out of court settlement was not to disclose any information as I'm sure a man of your legal knowledge already knows.There's your response so go kiss DJI's feet.

Basically the EXACT response I expected and predicted. Filled with excuses and no valid information. What was the product? Product liability cases ARE considered civil litigation. You don't have to release the case info, just tell us the product you suited and got $300,000 for "product liability". And BTW, almost NO product liability cases contain a post judgment gag order, that would be to the detriment of the general public and open the door for many, many more law suits. So basically you are full of ****.

So if DJI just said sure to every fly-away case then people would crash and just say it flew away and viola new phantom etc. No company could ever do that. And being sue happy is part of this countries problem and I'm sure a lot of places problem. I had a friend who had a fly away just 2 weeks ago he knew the risks getting into the hobby. Was he mad sure, is he suing or blaming DJI no. Is he buying another, yes because they are so **** fun!!! Oh by the way I'm one of the complete idiots because I've crashed mine. Twice. [emoji576]

Heheh geeeez.

Just what is it you are looking for here ? For all of us who ahvent had flyaways (the vast majority of owners) to join your fight ? I dont get it. If you expect that those of us will want to know the particulars of your issue, and that makes us bad people, who are clueless because we dont ahve your penchant for dung-flinging, then I think you really need to rethink your argument.

I busted a camera gimbal in a crash. It was my fault. I paid the $700 to get it fixed. Ive had wobbles that ended up being a bad IMU cal, or compass allignment. Ive had compass errors when trying to take off on a sidewalk that obviously had too much rebar in it. There are 1000 things that can cause problems. If you arent careful, you will get bit - and even if you are, you will likely get bit sooner or later.

My crash was caused when I was sitting up near a tree getting video of my son flying around. GPS lock broke, and it drifted into the tree, then down to the pavement. Sure, I know the shielding could be better for the GPS unit, but I /knew that before I flew it, and I knew that tyhe GPS signals are always iffy at 30 ft up in my cul de sac/. I replaced the camera, and installed the GPS shielding mod.

Expecting the marriage of complex hardware and software to be perfect every time is ridiculous. The more you put in them, the more they can seem to take on a personality of their own - and the smart pilot knows all the issues, and mitigates them as best as possible, and flies withing the envelope of the aircraft.

Sure there are flyaways, I guess - and itsmore likely the flyaways will be posted here, and not the good flights. I woldnt wanna bore anyone with all my good flights.

The bottom line is either get a grip and work with people, or quit whining !

Hey Opwan...

Didn't you say around 8 this morning "Done with you out the box fliers."?

Well?

C'mon already :lol: .

Opwan said:
djczing said:
Heheh geeeez.

Just what is it you are looking for here ? For all of us who ahvent had flyaways (the vast majority of owners) to join your fight ? I dont get it. If you expect that those of us will want to know the particulars of your issue, and that makes us bad people, who are clueless because we dont ahve your penchant for dung-flinging, then I think you really need to rethink your argument.

The bottom line is either get a grip and work with people, or quit whining !
Not whining, just standing up to companies that produce garbage. If you don't like what I say, don't read it. I am not one to roll over and take it in the AZZ when big companies are screwing their coustomers with overpriced junk that doesn't work as advertised. I've had 3 DJI machines, 2 with bad issues, 1 is lost due to their sub par junk controller. Don't read anymore of my posts if you don't like negativity. I will move on to Pixhawk next week, but I'm not done here either.

Opwan,
I think you've made enough reeking. This is not a forum for you to hijack and complain about DJI products to Phantom Pilots.
It's time you move on to a hobby that more suits you. Good luck.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers