Is 10 hours a lot?

Reaction score
Hi, I just recently purchased a used Phantom 4 and was told it has 10 hours of use on it. Is that considered a lot? How long do the batteries usually last. Learning as I go with this new drone. Thanks!

I wouldn't consider it a lot. There are people with thousands of hours in their Phantoms. You should be allright.

Reactions: bravescoach
10 hrs means not less than 30 flights ..... but assume average person flies 12 - 15mins .... then number of flights rises to about 50~.

Given that many here have Phantoms of more than 2 -3 years age ... and probably fly 2 - 3x a week... you can see that 10hrs is nothing. Using a car term - its barely out of 'running in' ......

Batterys should give you a couple of years average use or more - depends on how you store / use them. Personally I would expect my P3 batterys to last somewhat over 2yrs ....

If the aircraft was taken care of and flown within reasonable conditions and recommended standards or DJI then no 10 hours is not much. You should have a very long life ahead of that machine. Best of luck.

Reactions: bravescoach
Thousands? As in more than 1,999? I don't think so.
OK I would have liked to try but me not checking which batt I used on the day (it was the bad batt) caused a free fall...some have more flights and hours so I think it true that they can go for mayby not thousands but hey never know,,they just might,,,,this is just the p4s
20190310_092422.jpg

Reactions: Ansia
I'm not calling him/her a liar. I'm just saying in this instance he/she is absolutely lying. I'd LOVE to see some proof.
Mayby sometimes in this forum there's a couple of exaggerated items or info but me not think anyone lies , gets you nowhere fast :)

Reactions: Jim Canada
I'm not calling him/her a liar. I'm just saying in this instance he/she is absolutely lying. I'd LOVE to see some proof.
Sorry if you have any doubt but as metion if I not use that batt aaarrrggg it still be clocking up the flights,,take care mate

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrl