WELL MY TURN ALL FOR USING BAD BATT

• Thread starter Deleted member 62848
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 62848

Yay killed me best drone today at home
Put my damage batt in by mistake that had all lights on
Coming down from 370ft had funny wobble,next minite onscreen batt alert,LANDING NOW.xxxxxx,wow got it right over head thankfully then bad shaking started and lost all stick control and it shutdown mid air and free fall right on top of me house roof BANG,xxxxxx xxxxxx here it is,,shell damage aswell....well another ornament .. not sure on rebuild,,it's done 1039 flights,any one got a credit card I can borrow lol....so glad I got it over home
20190129_200711.jpg
20190129_200038.jpg

Pull whatever bits aren’t rooted off it and keep them as parts. It’s probably cheaper and easier to find a second hand flyer to replace it. Need to do something with them beautiful looking props Mate.

Sorry to learn of your loss.... it happens to everyone eventually if we stick at it long enough...

Cheers mate just dug me p3 out
Yes even now after cooling down it beep and chirping so it not happy,,Yeh the props different colour for daytime,,very visible,

This when poo hit the fan,,,take off was 100% but in flight this came up,,only just get it over my house thankfully before it shut down in flight.........have to add also,no blame on anyone but me for using bad battery........
20190130_093751.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Ian, so sorry to read this and a gorgeous bird it was. I admire your attitude and your collect. I'd be cursing and hollering loud enough that you could hear me despite the distance, LOL. Onward and upward.

Joe

Yes few things damaged inside,,,torn ribbon esc right side,,I sure that why it chirping,,might buy ribbon set and if if comes right I might repair but lots to do so I see how it goes
1548883181767-1280962230.jpg

A lot of value left in it.... Seeing as your good on the tools I would be hunting for bits on the cheap to rebuild her when you have time. Camera will be your biggest issue if she doesn’t power up, looks like it took a nice hit.

Lol me find impact zone,,oh me poor p4:eek:....ps...pic taken with good old p3s,
Screenshot_20190202-112903.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: tevek
The cracks in the tile almost match the markings on the camera housing.

You should find a few spare cement tiles under the house. Contractors often stash them there to avoid taking them away. Unless the next job is the same tile.

Fixed roof,,Moss help hold it together,,once again was so glad to get it overhead just in time..would have tryed a hand catch if no blooming house in the way,,lol
Screenshot_20190202-121607.jpg

Fixed roof,,Moss help hold it together,,once again was so glad to get it overhead just in time..would have tryed a hand catch if no blooming house in the way,,lolView attachment 107992
You now have a permanent reminder of the death of a drone! As for hand catching something that smashed a tile at terminal velocity, I think you would have lost your arm having a crack at that

And 1 out of shape motor,,I thought my eyes were playing tricks,but it bent
15490930446492014167539.jpg
,,cool

Curious - when you say it was a known bad battery with all lights?...
Yes this screen shot of post if you have search,,,yes had 4 lights on,,this where it all started,sorry unable to post link of clip so you have to search it,,and yes 4 lights on take off ,then down to 1 light with critical alert of landing that could not be stopped,,,if you search you can watch clip,,this is the batt that I use without checking what I pic up and it was fatal flight,,I murdered my p4 with this silly mistake
Screenshot_20190203-125059.jpg
Screenshot_20190203-125004.jpg

Ah - so it got thwacked and started acting flaky in spite of reporting it was ok.
Yeh .apparently it's good to use assistant 2 to check settings also cause can be different from what the app says,,,just found that out couple months back but I never use assistant, don't work on my android device and have no computer,,,,but yes this time it was bad battery,,

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akinproplumbing