iPhone to controller connection

Reaction score
Hi guys.
I’ve just had a controller delivered which is not a built in screen (iPhone needed). Can I use my iPhone charger cable to connect the phone to the controller? I’ve tried doing this and the camera is black (no image). This is most probably an obvious answer but as I have never used a phone attached controller before this is new to me. If I cannot use my iPhone charger cable to the USB port, which cable should I purchase? Previously owner of a built in screen controller.
Thanks

Chris

Hi guys.
I’ve just had a controller delivered which is not a built in screen (iPhone needed). Can I use my iPhone charger cable to connect the phone to the controller? I’ve tried doing this and the camera is black (no image). This is most probably an obvious answer but as I have never used a phone attached controller before this is new to me. If I cannot use my iPhone charger cable to the USB port, which cable should I purchase? Previously owner of a built in screen controller.
Thanks

Chris
You can use the cable that came with your iPhone since it would be a data/charge cable.

If you are using a different cable as your “iPhone charger cable,” it may not work if it’s a charge only cable.

You can use any iPhone/iPad cable you have as long as it’s a data/charge cable.

Questions - what is the model number of your new RC? I assume you are using it for your P4P?

Last edited:
Reactions: JoBe
Which drone, 4 advanced or pro? 300F remote will work with the P4A/P. You didn’t state which of those two you had. The advanced will also work with a 300C remote. As stated, with either you will need a charge/ data cable. It won’t charge the iPhone during use because it is not android. Good luck

Reactions: JoBe
Yes it’s a p4 obsidian. The reason I was asking this was that the camera has stopped working. I’ve tried reinstalling the app, recalibrating the gimbal.
I can still see the normal screen in the app plus still fly the drone visually.
Any thoughts?

You’re still not connected. Just like you had no device at all. You got an app and a remote that are not talking to each other. Can only be the device or the connection.

If possible try another device hopefully one with more power. Again good luck

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.