iPhone 6 battery dead after 1 flight...

Please play with hardware decoding feature on Go app, lets know if that makes any effect on battery usage.

This happens with my 6 too. I can start with 100% and within 5 min the app depletes all power. I have a thread open asking about this very topic. I tried all suggestions above. My advice: get another apple product (I use an iPad mini) and see what happens. My Mini handles it fine, no depletion.

Either way it isnt your iPhone. Its the app.

We'll a=today after flying i went from 96 % to 85 %

thats normal. (iPhone 6+) with latest iOS

My Android devices a Samsung S6 phone and now the NVIDIA K1 both actually charge up from the RC. I disconnected the App once and checked my phone it was at 78% charge. I left it for quite a while came back and it was at 100%. :)

iPhone 6s+. I can fly 4 full batteries and rarely am I below 60% on my phone when done. I do cache my local maps and go into airplane mode when I fly. It's been in the low 50s lately temp wise.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Please play with hardware decoding feature on Go app, lets know if that makes any effect on battery usage.
Well, I flew three batteries today. Turned off hardware decoding for one and on for two. Used ~ 5% for each flight. The temperature was higher today, around 50f.

My battery drain issue sure seems to be directly temperature related.

iPhone 6+.

same here but with both my iphone 6s plus and nexus 10. My nexus 10 was at 85% before I did a IMU calibration. Then when I came back 10mins later the nexus 10 was dead. i then switched to my iphone and same thing happened. it was around 82% and after about 10mins the iphone shut off with the please charge screen popping up. I brought the phone inside and stuck it on the charger for no more than 5mins and my phone was showing 88%. I'm guessing it has to do with the cold but who knows. Still trying to figure out if its the app or phone/tablet

Reactions: FiveOh
Update: I bought an ipad mini 2 wifi only version, and yesterday I flew 3 full batteries and didn't even lose 20%... The phone is a no go for me, also the tablet is much easier to see while flying.

Reactions: FiveOh
That's so weird. I'm going to have to do some colder flying to test. This weekend flew 4 batteries worth indoors (1 hour, 8 minutes total) and my iPhone 6s+ went from 100% down to 78%.

I have the phantom 3 Advanced, and I can't get through 1 flight without my iphone battery going down to 1% and subsequently dying. The phone isn't even a year old.

I need options.

I already have tried:

*turning off wifi
*using airplane mode
*reducing video quality

Nothing seems to make a difference. One time I lost 40% of my phone batter while the IMU was just warming up.

Is there a way to both charge the phone and run the app?

VERY ANNOYING

I need options!

I'm having the exact same Issue. P3A and iPhone 6 128gb. Battery looks fine before the flight and once I'm up and going, the phone shows the 10% warning then shuts off. Once I land and plug it in, it restarts about 80% (or wherever it was prior to being connected to the Phantom). Very annoying. I've emailed DJI. Nothing back as yet

I'm having the exact same Issue. P3A and iPhone 6 128gb. Battery looks fine before the flight and once I'm up and going, the phone shows the 10% warning then shuts off. Once I land and plug it in, it restarts about 80% (or wherever it was prior to being connected to the Phantom). Very annoying. I've emailed DJI. Nothing back as yet
Are you flying in cold weather? I have found so far in a limited sample size that this issue is related to temperature. If I am flying near or below freezing, the battery issue crops up. If warmer, everything is fine.

I know it's more money, but the iPad mini 2 wifi only is significantly better than my phone. Bigger screen, fits better on the remote, and I flew three batteries with barely any iPad drain.

Are you flying in cold weather? I have found so far in a limited sample size that this issue is related to temperature. If I am flying near or below freezing, the battery issue crops up. If warmer, everything is fine.
Hi,

Not especially no. I live in the UK so it's about 8C just now. It's strange as I've not noticed it before when I have my phone out for long periods or have it connected to any other devices. I've booked an Apple Genius appointment for the weekend so I'll get them to test and see what that throws up. They might be able to read the crash report and that way I'll know if it's the phone or something my Phantoms RC is doing, or possibly the app.

Hi,

Not especially no. I live in the UK so it's about 8C just now. It's strange as I've not noticed it before when I have my phone out for long periods or have it connected to any other devices. I've booked an Apple Genius appointment for the weekend so I'll get them to test and see what that throws up. They might be able to read the crash report and that way I'll know if it's the phone or something my Phantoms RC is doing, or possibly the app.
I'm interested to hear what they say. Let us know.

I know it's more money, but the iPad mini 2 wifi only is significantly better than my phone. Bigger screen, fits better on the remote, and I flew three batteries with barely any iPad drain.

I've been right on the edge of getting a Shield, but I know I'll probably regret not spending the extra $$$ for the mini. I just wish the original mini worked! I have one of those...

I've been right on the edge of getting a Shield, but I know I'll probably regret not spending the extra $$$ for the mini. I just wish the original mini worked! I have one of those...

I'm sure the tablet experience is comparable, I've only used iOS with p3a, and I've heard iOS is a better experience. But I can't really say from experience ;)

This also happened to me the other day, had about 75% on my iPhone 6S Plus before flying shortly into flight I got the 20% low battery iPhone warning then right after that it shut off and showed connect to power screen. When I plugged it in , it booted right up and showed 35% battery remaining.

I'm interested to hear what they say. Let us know.

Hello,

So I'm just back from the Apple Store after bringing my iPhone 6Plus in. I explained the issues with it and they ran all their diagnostics on it. It did show up that the DJI GO app was reporting to the error log quite a bit. Nothing immediately jumped out as being the problem. Further tests were done including a battery test. The battery test proved to be OK, not fantastic but still within what Apple consider to be normal operating conditions. I explained the DJI issues and said how it was causing me problems. The guy in the store was a really good guy and he just replaced the iPhone for me. I'm currently restoring it and then I'll take it out flying and report back as to how it performs. Sadly I'm not able to shed much more light on the issue but it may have just been a battery on the brink of falling of the performance cliff. The Phone was bought on launch day so is about 18 months old, charged nightly so nothing strange or untoward.

Weird. But hey, new iPhone...

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1