iPad Wifi vs Data Plan...?

Reaction score
I keep seeing videos on You Tube of people saying it's best to have a data plan on your iPad when flying. I fly my P4 with an iPad Air 2 WiFi only, and haven't had any issues. I do feel sometimes is it a little on the big side, and I'm considering switching to an iPad Mini4. What advantages will I have if I do get a mini with a data plan?

Thanks!
Scott

If you are doing the same, you are not going to get any advantage of getting data plan. Data plan will get you live maps at the site. Mini iPad with SIM card also has gps and you can use it for example in follow on mode, that means you can use a feature for aircraft to follow your iPad.

Reactions: Way2Fst4U
I keep seeing videos on You Tube of people saying it's best to have a data plan on your iPad when flying. I fly my P4 with an iPad Air 2 WiFi only, and haven't had any issues. I do feel sometimes is it a little on the big side, and I'm considering switching to an iPad Mini4. What advantages will I have if I do get a mini with a data plan?

Thanks!
Scott
If you don't mind a long and perhaps too detailed of a post, check out this post which contains info about different scenarios with and without internet in the field. It was written more than 2 years ago for the P3A/P3P but it still applies for you and may help you decide what's important for your needs.

Reactions: JoBe and Way2Fst4U

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl