iPad Pro 9.7 brighter display

Reaction score
Thinking about purchasing the new iPad Pro 9.7 to fly. The major selling point , to me , is the display is apparently 3 times brighter than the iPad Air 2. Hoping this is a vast improvement with glare issue...any taughts ?

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

I think you misread, it's 25% brighter than the iPad Air 2 and has 40% less reflective according to Apple. Should be pretty good still since the iPad Air 2 was a huge jump from the original iPad Air. But 3 times is not true

What about tossing a black cloth over your head and iPad when you really need to see what you're doing? Like the film photographers of old. Might be an awful idea but I'm just throwing the idea out there.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

What about tossing a black cloth over your head and iPad when you really need to see what you're doing? Like the film photographers of old. Might be an awful idea but I'm just throwing the idea out there.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app
I've frequently done that, and it is truly the best solution! No light leaks around the edge of the screen, or temporary blindness from looking up at the sun, better than FPV glasses, and, with the Air2, there is plenty of screen real estate. Your black cloth can be carried easily on your belt, and is easy to throw over your head and take off for hand catching. Besides, it conceals you from the police helicopters hunting for the pilot from above, and discourages conversation from onlookers! :D

Reactions: blue_venetian
Yep, I ordered one for the same reasons you are contemplating. Also it will just barely fit so I like the idea of using the Apple silicone case that has one side cut out for a smart cover or keyboard to minimize the added width.

Reactions: oblivie
thanks for the comparison Bob, my guess is iPad number 2 is the Pro 9.7"

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl