iPad mini questions and firmware update questions.

It does have a place for a SIM card, plus has location services. I pretty much have to get a data plan for gps right?

What I don't get is that I don't even use the gps on my Samsung because it's a battery killer, yet I'm able to set the home point easily, maps always load.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app
It doesn't have GPS capabilities as there is not GPS hardware in that version. Also, you will find the follow me feature will not work without a GPS signal in the device.
My iPad Mini has GPS but no data connection so I cache the maps at home before I got out to fly by looking at the locations I want to fly in the Go app.

To be honest I don't know which version I have of the iPad mini. How do you cache the maps?

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

To cache maps, have that option selected in dji app. Go to top right corner of main page, select 3 bars icon, toggle to "on" the cache maps in background line item.

While connected to internet, open maps to the location you will fly. View the maps in that area and they will be saved and cached automatically for your use.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4