iPad mini questions and firmware update questions.

Reaction score
I know there's a ton of threads on the update, but it doesn't even show up on my new iPad mini.

I just got an iPad mini as a gift, and the firmware update does not show up when I open up the Dji go app. It only shows up when I open the Dji go app on my Samsung s6. Why is that?

Also, I cannot set the home point using the iPad until the p3s is up in the air. On the Samsung, I can set it all the time, and it works.

I bought a tablet holder on Amazon, and it blows. It doesn't go high enough, and gets in the way of the antenna. I can't use a windsurfer.

Can anyone recommend one?

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

I have a P3S and use the inspire 1 mount...but you have to drill a hole. The also have some like it where you don't have to drill. Is the mini wifi or cellular? I believe you can set home point on galaxy cuz it has gps. Tons of stuff on here

You can install the Inspire 1 tablet mount like this (the most stable option available). If you don't want to modify your remote controller, then check out the removable mounts here.

Right now it's mini wifi. Thinking about getting data on it.

I know there's a ton of threads on the update, but it doesn't even show up on my new iPad mini.

I just got an iPad mini as a gift, and the firmware update does not show up when I open up the Dji go app. It only shows up when I open the Dji go app on my Samsung s6. Why is that?

Also, I cannot set the home point using the iPad until the p3s is up in the air. On the Samsung, I can set it all the time, and it works.

I bought a tablet holder on Amazon, and it blows. It doesn't go high enough, and gets in the way of the antenna. I can't use a windsurfer.

Can anyone recommend one?

Check out phantomhelp.com tons of stuff on there for our phantoms plus lots of info...anytime I need something thats where I go.

Reactions: msinger
Does anyone know why the firmware update doesn't show up on my iPad mini?

Did you have the rc and ac on when you checked for firmware update on the mini?

I use an iPad mini2 and it shows

But it doesn't show for me unless I have the rc and ac on

Ac = aircraft (your Phantom)

Yes everything on. It shows up on android not on ipad

Did you try reinstalling DJI GO on your iPad?

Is there a way to save flight logs? I only have a few

You should sync your flight logs before reinstalling DJI GO. Check out this post if you're not sure how to do that.

Right now it's mini wifi. Thinking about getting data on it.

Keep in mind the non-cellular version of the mini does not have GPS in it like the cellular version.

Strangest thing happened. After 10 days of constantly using this thing, it all of a sudden decided to display the firmware update.

Keep in mind the non-cellular version of the mini does not have GPS in it like the cellular version.
It does have a place for a SIM card, plus has location services. I pretty much have to get a data plan for gps right?

What I don't get is that I don't even use the gps on my Samsung because it's a battery killer, yet I'm able to set the home point easily, maps always load.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic