ipad mini 4

Reaction score
Is it true that the P4P drones currently being shipped are only compatible with Android devises? If so when will Apple compatible drones be available?

No. It works with these Apple devices too.
Somebody posted a youtube video saying P4P drones where only compatible with android devices. Didn't make sense to me, just wanted the double check before ordering one. I'm thinking if I own an ipad mini 4 it wouldn't make sense to order plus version. What do you think?

You cannot use your own device with the P4P+. The screen is permanently attached to the remote controller. You'll want the P4P if you plan to use your iPad Mini 4.

You cannot use your own device with the P4P+. The screen is permanently attached to the remote controller. You'll want the P4P if you plan to use your iPad Mini 4.
I know that, but was just curious if the plus version is worth the extra $. The fact that I own an ipad mini 4(wifi only) makes me think it might not be worth the extra cost for the plus version. Just looking for opinions before ordering.

It depends. What are you hoping to gain from the plus version?

It depends. What are you hoping to gain from the plus version?
I guess I'm not really sure. I know there is a issue with maps without cellular(with ipad), I also like what I've heard about screen visibility, I usually run under the shade of a tree after launch. I'm not real sure of what other advantages there might with the Pro.

Here are some other potential advantages:
  • You don't need to charge the screen separately
  • It's quicker to setup
  • The Android operating system is locked, so DJI GO will run well right out of the box
  • The remote controller has an HDMI out (useful if you fly with FPV goggles)
  • The screen is much brighter than other mobile devices used with the P4P

And, some potential cons:
  • You cannot use your own mobile device
  • The screen is not removable
  • The Android operating system is locked, so you cannot install 3rd party apps
  • You cannot get a cellular connection (unless you tether to a device that has a cellular connection)

Here are some other potential advantages:
  • You don't need to charge the screen separately
  • It's quicker to setup
  • The Android operating system is locked, so DJI GO will run well right out of the box
  • The remote controller has an HDMI out (useful if you fly with FPV goggles)

And, some potential cons:
  • You cannot use your own mobile device
  • The screen is not removable
  • The Android operating system is locked, so you cannot install 3rd party apps
  • You cannot get a cellular connection (unless you tether to a device that has a cellular connection)
Thanks, I think I'll skip the Pro. I really like flying with litchi.

Litchi is not currently available for the P4P.

All of the 3rd party app developers are waiting for DJI to release the P4P API. I'm sure Litchi will release a compatible version once that has been released.

Yes. For now, you'll have to use DJI GO 4.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bob Sweetwater