iPad mini 4 - not connecting- NOW SOLVED :-)

Not sure if it was the iOS update or the go app or what that caused problem.
Hopefully now got it on there I will be ok with old firmware......

Reactions: peterepeat69
Not sure if it was the iOS update or the go app or what that caused problem.
Hopefully now got it on there I will be ok with old firmware......

From the questions I've asked and reading tonnes of posts sticking to the old and what works saves a lot of grief

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Yes, could not agree more but the iPad mini 4 is new and came with latest iOS.
In fact my iPhone has the latest and works ok. (and has 2.4.3 on it)

Yes, could not agree more but the iPad mini 4 is new and came with latest iOS.
In fact my iPhone has the latest and works ok. (and has 2.4.3 on it)

It's all very weird, hard to chase it down to one thing the only way I do it is to read as many posts as possible, I like success stories more that's for sure.

Now I got it too work, I may put back 2.4.3 on iPad and see if that works.

:)

Yeh give it a go and let me know, be interesting, trying to get my confidence back in updating (famous last words)

I have not updated my iTunes folder on my mac and kept 2.4.3 on there, so should take a few minutes to try (an hour to restore if not :)

Reactions: peterepeat69
Well,

So I deleted 2.7.3 off my iPad.

Then transferred 2.4.3 from iTunes back too it.

and.......
IMG_0001.jpg

It works !!!!!!

I also got an iPad Air after using iPhone 6 + , Same problem ,did you manage to solve that issue mate?

Why is everyone having issue with ipad mini 4? mine has always worked perfect?

Not sure its just the mini 4 as some people had the issue with air 2.

Maybe the migration of a back up of go app to a new device causes the problem that a full erasure does not clear. It was only a factory restore (recovery mode) that sorted it out.

I just had the same issue with my new iPad Pro. You're going to end up losing your 2.4.3 version. You'll need to place the Mini in recovery mode. Turn off your iPad and hold down the home button as you plug it in to iTunes on your Mac or PC. You can let go once you see the iTunes connection appear on your screen. From there you can completely wipe the iPad and restore to factory settings. Upon completion, you'll need to set up the iPad as new and not restore it from a prior backup. I had to go through this for days before it was figured out. I was also on 2.4.3 however, I think this is the only was to fix you issue. PM me with more questions.

THANK YOU!

I sincerely appreciated your answer and for taking the time to post. It fixed the problem I was having as well...

My iPad Mini 4 was working perfectly. But for unrelated reasons I decided to do an "Erase All Content and Settings" reset from the iPad settings. After the reset and installing the DJI GO app, it would no longer connect. Would not even acknowledge that it was connected to the RC.

Going through the iTunes-connected wipe as you suggest, fixed the problem.

THANK YOU!

THANK YOU!

I sincerely appreciated your answer and for taking the time to post. It fixed the problem I was having as well...

My iPad Mini 4 was working perfectly. But for unrelated reasons I decided to do an "Erase All Content and Settings" reset from the iPad settings. After the reset and installing the DJI GO app, it would no longer connect. Would not even acknowledge that it was connected to the RC.

THANK YOU!
I had the same issue last week.

After I did the iTunes wipe and recovery I was able to put back 2.4.3 go app

THANK YOU!

THANK YOU!
Happy to hear your problem was resolved.

THANK YOU!

THANK YOU!

2 days ago I had the same problem.. DJI GO app did not connect to the RC at all on new iPad air2 purchased for drone flight.. the 'camera view' option did not appear at all with screen showing 'how to connect' option all the time..

iTunes connected wipe of the iPad and upgrade to iOS 9.3.1 solved the problem for me as well..

I just had the same issue with my new iPad Pro. You're going to end up losing your 2.4.3 version. You'll need to place the Mini in recovery mode. Turn off your iPad and hold down the home button as you plug it in to iTunes on your Mac or PC. You can let go once you see the iTunes connection appear on your screen. From there you can completely wipe the iPad and restore to factory settings. Upon completion, you'll need to set up the iPad as new and not restore it from a prior backup. I had to go through this for days before it was figured out. I was also on 2.4.3 however, I think this is the only was to fix you issue. PM me with more questions.
Thank you CCDD. I just tried it on mine and it worked!

I have the same problem. DJi Go doesn't recognise RC Controller on Ipad Mini 4, but has no problem with iphone 6. I reset the ipad with Itunes, but before resetting, i turned the backup of DJI App and deleted it, backed up again. After reset, I restored via Icloud. Installed DJi App, connected without any problem.

Same here,reset my iPad mini 2 via iTunes, it downloaded and reinstalled 9.3.1 and now DJI Go works fine. Weird!

My wife's iPad Mini 2 which was running 9.1 connected straight away. My iPad Air 2 did the same on 9.3.1, no connection until reset via iTunes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20