iPad Mini 4 $299 @ BestBuy

Flew with the mini 4 last night. No crashes, clear and flawless video streaming.

I flew up to ~3,000 ft horizontal at 150 feet and never lost video.

Note: i also had a MAXXUAV un-boosted antenna on the controller. For $130, it is a great solution.

Are you on 4.1.0 DJI go and iOS 10.3.2?

I just picked up a refurbed mini 4 16GB with Cellular for $202 off Gamestop.com. They sell all different ipad models as refurbs. Mine was as new in the box. I haven't flown with it yet but I am sure it will be fine on my P3P.

Just wanted to share the source for the refurbs.

question for you guys with ipad mini 4, are you guys using wifi to fly drone? if so, how is it? or are you guys using cellular to fly drone? if so, how is it? is cellular required to have data plan? I only wanted to use ios just to fly drone without data plan since DJI is no longer care about android anymore. I never experienced with ios stuffs since Im android girl for many years. ^_^ My drone is phantom 3 advanced as well.

I do not use cellular, but in order to get GPS data on the device without an iPad that at least has a cell card, you need to pair to a mobile phone via hotspot.

Note, non-cell iPads do not have a gps chip. If you have a cell iPad you don't need cell data plan to get gps data, but you will not have an internet connection.

Reactions: guhorns
I do not use cellular, but in order to get GPS data on the device without an iPad that at least has a cell card, you need to pair to a mobile phone via hotspot.

Note, non-cell iPads do not have a gps chip. If you have a cell iPad you don't need cell data plan to get gps data, but you will not have an internet connection.

And you don't get GPS data correctly via a tether. Common misconception. in an iDevice you either have a GPS chip if you have cellular and get accurate GPS data or you get Location Service via WiFi which is inaccurate and slow to refresh.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dlr11164