iPad Mini 2 - screen recording

Reaction score
First post ... hello from Central Texas. I received my P3P and I'm a little embarrassed to say it hasn't left the ground yet. I wanted to start with an iPad mini 2 so I waited and bought one at best buy on Saturday. Got home and it was an original mini and not a 2. So had to wait till Sunday to exchange it.

I have been seeing a lot of screen recordings and not sure how they are being done. I think mainly android. I did find out it is possible to share your screen using AirPlay but I'm not sure how this will affect the app.

Anyone try this yet?
thx rick

First post ... hello from Central Texas. I received my P3P and I'm a little embarrassed to say it hasn't left the ground yet. I wanted to start with an iPad mini 2 so I waited and bought one at best buy on Saturday. Got home and it was an original mini and not a 2. So had to wait till Sunday to exchange it.

I have been seeing a lot of screen recordings and not sure how they are being done. I think mainly android. I did find out it is possible to share your screen using AirPlay but I'm not sure how this will affect the app.

Anyone try this yet?
thx rick

Not sure about sharing screen... i think people have been posting their videos the standard way - recording them onto SD then uploading to youtube and posting the links here... is that what you meant? Or do you mean someone filming their app screen whilst flying using a smartphone?

I have the ipad mini 2 I can't say that the streaming is perfect yet, sometimes it can pixelate, but im excited to test the p3 further - so far ive done one pathetic fly around my head outside where the ipad overheated (p3 still flew flawlessly with controller) and one inside where im not sure if the sensors were working/recognising my pool table!.

Enjoy!

You can use Shou

see
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

works fine fore me (use Ipad mini 2)

Last edited:
I use it always and I didnot have any problems.
The recordings can be very usefull when your drone has a problem during flight.

Search you tube on the inspire subject of this, there is a guy in the uk who shows what app he uses and how to use it. Not sure how much this might interfere with things for the P3 tho at this early stage of the first app release.

Reactions: rhoffart
I may just wait ... I hear that that may release a board that has HDMI tether port. It would be nice on a brush fire to have a buddy monitor for command to view as I fly.

Old topic I realize but I'm wondering if anyone has made any progress on iOS screen recording yet. Last time I read the "Shou" app was no longer working but I have not tried it first hand.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers