Ipad help

Reaction score
Looking for tips/advice on using the Ipad with the P3S. I've read so many posts on how the Ipad/Apple products are so much better to use with the P3S and Go app. I've tried a few Android tablets with mixed results, my biggest complaint being laggy and choppy video. Last week I picked up a new Ipad. Gave it a go and was pretty impressed, video was clear and lag free on the first flight. Second flight started to get some lag and a bit choppy. Second day was pretty much the same, first flight I was in love with that Ipad, second flight, eh, not so much. Today was not a good experience, first flight was choppy, second flight the video quality was total crap. Just to be clear, this is the FPV video, not what is recorded on the SD card. I slowly crept up on a small tree and honestly you couldn't even tell it was a tree, it was just a green blob.

Any tips or suggestions? I haven't used an Apple product for quite some time, but after reading posts from so many people saying they have great success with them, and my experience keeps degrading, I thing I need help!

The only app I have installed is Chrome, other than that it is as it was when I got it 6 days ago. I still have 8 days left to return it.

HELP! And thanks!

Reactions: Smiffy62
Where are you flying and how far out are you when you experience the FPV issues. What you are seeing may be normal (that is related to AC and location constraints).

Try disabling the option to cache the videos locally, in DJI GO, and see if that makes any difference. If the WiFi signal is weak, video will quickly get choppy, pixelated and laggy, no matter how good is your device.

Thanks for the replies.

I'm flying at a small wetlands, but there is a trailer park about 1/4 mile away. Earlier flights were in this location and seemed to be fine!

I have video cache turned off.

I'll read that entire tips thread and give it all a shot.

Thanks again

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl