iPad Air 4

Reaction score
I recently upgraded from an iPad mini to an iPad Air 4. For some reason I can’t get the controller for my P4P to recognize the tablet. Anybody have suggestions? Experience anything similar?

Is it possible with the new iPad that you may need to log in to your DJI account? I’m assuming that the new iPad needed to have the Go4 app installed.

Reactions: trevornewkirk
I recently upgraded from an iPad mini to an iPad Air 4. For some reason I can’t get the controller for my P4P to recognize the tablet. Anybody have suggestions? Experience anything similar?
As unlikely as it sounds, we’ve had people switch devices and forget to then plug in a cable between the device and the RC.

Also, some cables are power only and don’t pass data, so we routinely suggest trying different cables.

Every once in a while I have trouble getting things to sync up properly. Try unplugging the cable from the RC to the monitor. Start the app and the drone. Then, after everything is up and running, plug the RC into the monitor. This almost always works for me. Sometimes I need to unplug and plug back in.

As unlikely as it sounds, we’ve had people switch devices and forget to then plug in a cable between the device and the RC.

Also, some cables are power only and don’t pass data, so we routinely suggest trying different cables.

I thought it might be a cable issue also and have tried about half a dozen different cables. ☹️

Every once in a while I have trouble getting things to sync up properly. Try unplugging the cable from the RC to the monitor. Start the app and the drone. Then, after everything is up and running, plug the RC into the monitor. This almost always works for me. Sometimes I need to unplug and plug back in.

I’ve tried this a few times.

In the lower right of the same screen that you see, what is showing there?
Also would help to know what color the lights are at the back of the aircraft. Flashing yellow???
With the controller turned on, and aircraft off, in the lower left, does it say ”rc connected”?

In the lower right of the same screen that you see, what is showing there?
Also would help to know what color the lights are at the back of the aircraft. Flashing yellow???
With the controller turned on, and aircraft off, in the lower left, does it say ”rc connected”?

IMG_0720.jpg

I don’t have the drone on yet. I’m simply trying to connect the RC to the iPad.

You should have started with that screenshot. Turn on the drone & click Enter Device. You’re on the Home Screen not the device screen.

There are other pilots in this forum complaining of the same thing with the iPhone 12. Methinks there may be a compatibility issue between the DJI apps and the latest iOS. I would consult with DJI or Apple if you have Applecare™.

D

I have read the entire thread and can't see the answer.
I have the same problem as trevornewkirk
After connecting the iPad - the phantom is not connected
Iphon works fine with phone
With the older iPad function properly
Aappla Support doesn't know the problem
DJI Support doesn't know the problem

I have read the entire thread and can't see the answer.
I have the same problem as trevornewkirk
After connecting the iPad - the phantom is not connected
Iphon works fine with phone
With the older iPad function properly
Aappla Support doesn't know the problem
DJI Support doesn't know the problem
So your complaint is that you can't connect to a drone that doesn't exist??? And the app is correctly showing you an icon of a drone with the syntax "Disconnected," and you're confused by this???? SMH.

1613232348930.png

Click "Enter Device" twice. This MIGHT connect your iPad to your remote, as no human has ever tried to connect a remote to an iPad WITHOUT actually owning a drone.

1613232504012.png

Weirdest thread ever.

D

I fly my drone all the time on my older iPad mini. It all works fine. But when I try using my new iPad Air, it won’t connect at all. It will not connect to the remote control. Yes everything is plugged in and turned on. But it still shows at disconnected.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers