iPad Air 2 Amazon sunshade

Actually I didn't say up,or down lol but I meant to type with the brightness all the way up.
Oh yeah, you're right. Sorry, I was clearly wrong. I have no idea why I read it as down the first time I read it.

So I'm sensing the older iPad minis (gen 1, 2) are not as bright as the newer Air? Does that include Air mini or just the Air?
And that some other brands ("Samsung Tab S 8.4 ") are better in sunlight than others?
Is there a concensus or definitive on best choice of device noted somewhere in this forum?
Otherwise I find it difficult to determine before purchase which device will work best in the full sun.
The Air 2 has an anti-reflective coating built into its screen which makes it far more visible outdoors. So much so that many who use it no longer use a sunshade, though some still do. iPads older than the Air 2 do not have this coating, so they are more like mirrors when outdoors without shade.

As far as Minis go, the Mini 4 is the first Mini with anti-reflective characteristics. In fact it is less reflective than the Air 2. Any Mini older than the 4 will be more like a mirror outdoors without shade.

There is no such device as an Air mini, so I can't comment on that.

I know there are excellent choices overall for Android users, but Android users would have to comment on those devices with regards to reflectiveness specifically. I do know that in reviews and testing, the Air 2 and the Mini 4 rate either near or at the top of devices in that category.

The tests weren't specific to GO app usage of course, but are probably a good guide as part of your own research into reflectiveness which is what you asked about in your post.

Did that help with what you were wondering?

Last edited:
The Air 2 has an anti-reflective coating built into its screen which makes it far more visible outdoors. So much so that many who use it no longer use a sunshade, though some still do. iPads older than the Air 2 do not have this coating, so they are more like mirrors when outdoors without shade.

As far as Minis go, the Mini 4 is the first Mini with anti-reflective characteristics. In fact it is less reflective than the Air 2. Any Mini older than the 4 will be more like a mirror outdoors without shade.

There is no such device as an Air mini, so I can't comment on that.

I know there are excellent choices overall for Android users, but Android users would have to comment on those devices with regards to reflectiveness specifically. I do know that in reviews and testing, the Air 2 and the Mini 4 rate either near or at the top of devices in that category.

The tests weren't specific to GO app usage of course, but are probably a good guide as part of your own research into reflectiveness which is what you asked about in your post.

Did that help with what you were wondering?
Yes thx for your input. I have an after market shield I applied to mine a couple years ago (NuShield?) that cut glare to some degree but it also reduced the lighting level somewhat so bit of a trade off.
I just experimented with yellow lensed sunglasses and they improved the contrast and brightness quite a bit - probably 15% improvement, but I still found tilting the face of the iPad Mini down to almost vertical would also not allow reflected images. I also found wearing all black clothing and a broad brimmed hat really helped.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.