iOSD / NAZA Distance Calculations and other questions

Reaction score
Dear FPV / iOSD mini / NAZA Experts,

I have two primary questions:

1.) Is there any way to change the distance measurements provided by the iOSD mini from METRIC (Meters) to IMPERIAL (Feet) :?:
2.) How accurate are those distances provided by the iOSD mini :?: The reason I ask is this -
2a.) In the Phantom Assistant software I have my distance limits configured thusly
[*] Distance = 6000 Feet
[*] Altitude = 2000 Feet
Yet the other day I was doing some range testing and the OSD reported a maximum distance of 1789 Meters (which I have no natural feel for as I have been measuring everything in FEET for the last 40+ years :) ). Anyway once I converted meters into feet (after the flight) I came up with 5869 Feet. It didn't seem as though I could fly any farther away. Based on this experience, can I assume that the maximum distance is in fact the hypotenuse of the triangle, not just simply the horizontal distance between the "Home Point" and the Phantom? If that assumption is correct, could I also assume that had I been at a lower altitude (I was at 200 Meters), say ground level, would I have been able to fly another 131 feet farther away?

1. No
2. Everything I've seen measurements are not of the hypotenuse. The Assistant shows a cylinder and the iOSD mini manual shows a hemisphere both with a horizontal measurement represented by "D".

Forgive my math, but isn't that like a 2% error for a toy? Not bad.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers