IOSD Mini connection question

Reaction score
I have an IOSD mini. It has a video out wire. Technically, could that be plugged in to either an FPV transmitter (5.8) or a bluetooth transmitter (2.4)? I'm assuming that even it could plug into either I would be better off connecting it to the 5.8 FPV Transmitter?

Hi there, I'm a bit of a newbie and even though I have ordered one of these same units it hasn't arrived just yet. I might be wrong but from what I understand the video output wire is supposed to be connected to a transmitter (5.8 or 2.4) so it transmits your telemetry overlaid onto your FPV screen. Your camera would plug into the video input and your transmitter into the output. The iOSD will also plug into a CANBUS to access the telemetry data it supplies and for power.

This is just how I think it should work based on experience with cameras and transmitters from other brands of Quads. I might be wrong but would also like to know if I'm correct. Thanks.

Peter is correct on all accounts...

To OP - why would you want to go 2.4 BT? You didn't state which model you have so I can only assume P1 /P1.1.1 or P2 - whereas the case they all use the 2.4 frequency for TX transmission. Now the P2 Vision and FC use 5.8 for TX where your BT wouldn't interfere with TX.

Well I ordered the 2.4 Bluetooth Datalink so that when the firmware for the Phantom 2 comes out, I will be able to use the GroundStation on my IPAD and fly with Waypoints. The place I bought it from not only had the bluetooth datalink, but they also had a another package where you could get the IOSd for just another $30 which I thought was a decent deal.

I have a DJI 5.8 video system on order that should arrive Friday. But I just got to wondering why the retailer would put a package deal together where the IOSD came with a Bluetooth kit unless you could hook it up to the bluetooth as well. It's not that big of a deal since my video system should arrive this Friday, but I was just curious.

The IOSD mini and the Bluetooth datalink are two separate system with no connection with each other. You can only connect your iosd mini with your 5.8 TX in order to use it's function.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20