invisible bubble?!?

Reaction score
hey there,
i was out flying my P3A for our cities fair parade last week and encounter something i've never seen before. Has anyone else experienced this?!? I live in the US just south of detroit in a small town.
After taking off and capturing some footage of the ongoing parade, i tried to do a flyby only to learn i was stuck INSIDE an invisible bubble? I could only fly about 500 ft in either direction of the controller and then the phantom acted like it hit a wall. dji go stated "max distance reached", also i could only accend to a height of 120 ft before it stated "max alltitude reached". At 1st i thought my beginners mode got enabled somehow and i didnt realize. I checked all that in flight but my settings were untouched(unlimited). I have flown up to a nfz and hit their wall but did not know a bubble could be placed on me? not complaining, I do see it as a good thing to keep drones under control around people and maybe other drones, at least better then more nfz's. what do you guys think?

One reason I love Litchi. But flying near parades can go terribly wrong.

flying anywhere at anytime can always go terribly wrong. please lets not get off topic.....
Yes but some places things can go very badly wrong.

As has been said if you are on latest app and firmware you will probably resolve this issue by logging into your DJI account (it's all explained in the release notes).

Reactions: Numone
I did have the bubble to start with then i had to sign in to the app after doing the update, worked fine on IOS but on Android no no no no, I had to uninstall the dam app and reinstall it, same for Litchi.

It wasn't Litchi's fault, the firmware in the drone was locked... lesson: Don't update...... (On topic?)....

i was logged in at the time, checked while still in flight. maybe something glitched in the software. i was under the impression the bubble was placed on me because of the parade. i flew it later that night without making any changes to anything and "poof" the bubble was gone.

I had the same issue at a local county park. Did not change any setting from the flight the day before. Would only let me go about 100 distance and 100 altitude then just stop. Got warning also. Maximum height reached. Maximum distance reached. Came home and flew it in my yard. No problems at all. Strange.

Reactions: Corey pierce
Ok. Was just flying and I hit the " wall" again in height and altitude. What's going on?

i have flown multiple times since the incident a couple of weeks ago. and only encountered it that one time. could it be because there is potential of low flying aircraft but not next to an airport? i did see those banner/advertisment planes in the air that day?

Last edited:
I used mine the other night in my yard. No problem. Tonight, getting the 100 ft warning again. No airports etc. I just deleted app and signed in. We'll see what happens. This is totally new. Never had prob until this past Thursday.

I'm having the same issue. Only goes out about 100 and get max alt/distance reached. Doesn't EVER happen with litchi. Only DJI Go.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl