Invalid SD Card/Unable to format

Reaction score
Last flight I took 18 photos. Only 1 was saved to the card. All 18 showed in the Pilot app.

Put card back into the bird and let it idle for a few min.
Still nothing on the card.I'm properly shutting the bird down.

Today I go to format the card in the pilot app. I get the error "unable to format"

I stick the card in my computer. Unable to format.

Weird. So I guess the card is no good.

I have 1 other micro SD card. I insert into the bird and get Invalid SD.

Wtf.

Is it possible my DJI issued card is toast and my other card is not compatible?

My back up card is only a 2g PNY.
But I wanted to see if it was the card or the bird.

Are you using a card adapter with lock?

Used the card adapter with another micro SD and the other micro SD worked in my pc and I was able to format. I just can't use this card in the bird.

So my next question is how picky is the phantom with what card it accepts? Do I need to look for anything specific when I go shopping for another card?

Used the card adapter with another micro SD and the other micro SD worked in my pc and I was able to format. I just can't use this card in the bird.

So my next question is how picky is the phantom with what card it accepts? Do I need to look for anything specific when I go shopping for another card?
Look at the specs of the card that came with it, and get another one with the same specs or better.

I went and purchased a new sd card today and it works. Somehow the card DJI sent me is bricked..
Thanks for the advice.

sdcard.org (a trade group organization) has sd card formatters for Win & Mac.

Try those rather than the default format software in the relevant O/S. The formatters can be
found under "downloads". May solve future format issues, but no guarantee...

Not all the cards are created equal. Buy either Sony SR64UY2A/TQ or Samsung Evo+ MB-MC64DA/AM and you'll be fine.

I have question about cards too. I ordered 10 micro's from amazon. I have the drone, and 3 gopro;s I regularly use. Every one of the ten cards came with a bigger card adapter and a card reader. I guess this bigger card would be an sd card, not a "micro" sd. But I have no place to plug in a regular card. I use the readers the sent, and just plug it in to a usb port. Does anyone use these big sd's? I'm getting a collection of em, but I hate to just throw em away.

I have question about cards too. I ordered 10 micro's from amazon. I have the drone, and 3 gopro;s I regularly use. Every one of the ten cards came with a bigger card adapter and a card reader. I guess this bigger card would be an sd card, not a "micro" sd. But I have no place to plug in a regular card. I use the readers the sent, and just plug it in to a usb port. Does anyone use these big sd's? I'm getting a collection of em, but I hate to just throw em away.
There are usb readers that take both sizes-- if you are referring to the adapters you plug the mico SD's into, and then plug them into an adapter or computer, keep one adapter and throw the rest in the trash

There are usb readers that take both sizes-- if you are referring to the adapters you plug the mico SD's into, and then plug them into an adapter or computer, keep one adapter and throw the rest in the trash
Yeah, guess I'm not using the right terminology. The readers they send fit both sizes, but these adapters only fit the micro sd's. Guess I'll chuck my collection. Thanks

I had trouble with sd cards reading invalid bought Remax cards from Banggood 100% good price fast delivery.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Not really the best advice. I like to keep 2 or 3 around. That way you can plug in two or more cards should you need to copy from card to card or use cards on multiple machines (ie PC and laptop). I keep a couple in my laptop bag as well as a couple in the top drawer of my computer desk. That way I always have them.

I keep one in my camera backpack even though my camera doesn't use uSD cards, it has full SD slots. I have, frequently, had people ask me about taking their pictures when I am out traveling. I can do that and swap emails and send it later. Or, I could avoid all that and ask them for the uSD from their phone, slap it in my adapter and drop it in the extra slot on my camera, take the photo(s) and hand them their cards back and we all go our own ways. I can also replace the SD in my 2nd slot (camera has 2 SD slots) with a uSD+adapter as I usually shoot RAW, I can shoot RAW+Jpeg with the jpeg going to the uSD. Drop that into a tablet and I have large format previews on the spot.

Having a couple also guards against wear or failure. I have had 3 that have cracked along the sides over the years rendering them useless.

So, as you can see, its not a bad idea to have a few of them around. When I get new cards, like this week in fact, I just drop them in a bag and throw it in a collection drawer. Better to have and not need than need and not have :)

I agree, they do tend to get like bread ties. You seem to collect more and more. Until you get tired of em laying about and toss them all out. Then suddenly you will really need one. Life sure seems to be that way a lot. You won't need something you threw away until after the garbage truck has just driven off.

Go to Walmart & get the sunpak card reader. It has all types of media readers. You do not need the micro adapter reader.
ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots1453651404.228162.jpg

Go to Walmart & get the sunpak card reader. It has all types of media readers. You do not need the micro adapter reader.View attachment 41615
Except that only works on a PC/Mac. Anything that doesn't have a USB slot will need the adapter.

For example a tablet, phone or camera.

I have the other card reader walmart has. Does same thing as the one you listed and has 3 USB slots (for other devices and thumb drives). And costs about the same IIRC.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic