Intermittent green screen

Reaction score
Is ipad mini 4 good enough with the P4P ? Is the processor fast enough because when the bird is let say 2000-3000 ft away from the controller (me) , i sometimes get green screen every five seconds even though i'am flying staight line of view !? Or could it be just interferences ?

The speed/capabilities of the tablet have nothing at all to do with range. If it works fine close to you, then it will work equally well at long range. If you are getting issues as the craft gets farther, then you are having issues with signal strength and/or interference. Take a look at the signal strength indicators at the top of the Go4 app as you get farther. Also pay attention to any messages that pop up.

The speed/capabilities of the tablet have nothing at all to do with range. If it works fine close to you, then it will work equally well at long range. If you are getting issues as the craft gets farther, then you are having issues with signal strength and/or interference. Take a look at the signal strength indicators at the top of the Go4 app as you get farther. Also pay attention to any messages that pop up.
OK thanks i will keep an eye on that.

Is ipad mini 4 good enough with the P4P ? Is the processor fast enough because when the bird is let say 2000-3000 ft away from the controller (me) , i sometimes get green screen every five seconds even though i'am flying staight line of view !? Or could it be just interferences ?
Could try different usb cord,,sometimes they go bit funny,,can also check transmission channels to see any interference on that channel,,might find a better channel with setting it to custom and selecting another to see if same result or better

Could try different usb cord,,sometimes they go bit funny,,can also check transmission channels to see any interference on that channel,,might find a better channel with setting it to custom and selecting another to see if same result or better
I thought there was only auto, 5.8 or 2.4 modes in the app

I thought there was only auto, 5.8 or 2.4 modes in the app
Yip but have 7 channels i think in your transmission settings under the HD logo,,,you have a custom and auto setting,,auto preselecting the channel for you,,custom you can choose,,its colour coded to show good or interference so you can tell what going on

After long flights, or in weather above 75* I would regularly get this behavior on mini4. About a year ago, I posted up and then began standing in shaded area to keep the iPad cooler. Haven't repeated issue since.
Fly one hour missions regularly here in Oklahoma 3-4 times per week.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20