Interesting potential tracking device.

I should win a prize for my prediction.

March-Update - Ping GPS

I knew someone would reply... lol... I am a backer, and got the email about 5 minutes before your post... hey, at least it was a VERY LONG description of why they won't produce...

I knew someone would reply... lol... I am a backer, and got the email about 5 minutes before your post... hey, at least it was a VERY LONG description of why they won't produce...

long excuse, with a very short meaning.
"3mm longer to accomdate new battery."
Which means, they havent built 1 single dam unit yet. because if they had, all the parts would be 3mm smaller and have to be changed.

It's smoke and mirrors, that is a professional marketer and lawyer speaking on that letter to investors.
The 20% was likely planned from the beginning as a fall back excuse, next it will be 20% better antenna.

Realistically we dont know what the difference between 20% less or 20% more is, because these devices do not exist.

I work in a similar field of product marketing and development, fall backs and spins are part of any good product release.
I worked on an energy drink project once that kept telling investors they were "reformulating the recipe to source only from organic supplies since many have expressed a concern over GMO blah blah" Then they released " we are concerned as you are about extra waste and BPA in our plastics and are rengineering our packaging to reduce the amount of plastic and bpa in its molding process"....blah blah

lol

Well, what had happened was.....

so........

This Ping thing seems like it will never be completed.
They led folks to belive they had proven, solid hardware before going into this, I remember reading about how they tested for 1-2 years and just need the money for tooling.

They are still developing antennas and the mainboard and struggling with certification.

When and if it works and release I am sure it will be great. but unlikely now by January 2018.

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/...est-global-gps-locator-bluetooth#/updates/all

I might be gullible, but after watching their video I believe they will come through and deliver a product.

This still hasn't been delivered to a single person....yikes
Hang in there. They are coming ;)

In the latest Ping update, they said they are going to start shipping units to people who want to be beta testers. Check out this post for more details.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Honeymoo