insurance questions

What is a dps?

Verifly is one option to consider.

Where would be the best place to look for liability insurance for a new dps?
Drone Service Provider?

One of our members here just happens to be in the UAS Insurance business and I highly suggest his services. @Joe Ernster

Joe Ernster

While on the topic of insurance... Some people have had great success with VERIFY but if you're doing more than a few jobs a month or you're flying at night or in some certain areas you are much better off going with a full policy as opposed to an hourly policy. Often times the cheapest is NOT the best option and could end up costing you more in the long run.

Global Aerospace.

Full time plans with Hull coverage and a lot of bells and whistles.

Last edited:
Be prepared to have the insurance agency also provide an "additional insured" extension from time to time. Many places want any service provider to specify that the insurance company extend its coverage specifically to the business. I encounter this frequently at hotel locations.

@elchacho - I saw your question on UAS insurance.

@BigAl07 - Thank you for the endorsement!

My name is Joe Ernster and I am an aviation insurance broker that specializes in commercial UAS insurance. I currently insure 200+ commercial UAS operations. If you would like to discuss coverage options, please contact me. We utilize a very easy to use online UAS insurance portal (I have provided a link to the portal below). Most operators can get a quote, bind coverage, and pay the premium all in the same day. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to ask. I am here to help.

Get A Commercial UAS Insurance Quote Now!

I was also recently featured in a podcast interview with Drone U (link below)

Drone U Podcast

Sincerely,

Joe Ernster
[email protected]

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tpren3