Install onto P1 (P330D)

Reaction score
I have a P1 (P330D) and want to order the H4-3D. I can't find much info on the subject but the manuals say that it's possible with the GCU. I simply can't find a good install guide.

Any additional info would be appreciated!

Just did this on my FC40, went really well actually. You'll need 3 items. The Zenmuse of your choice H3/H4, the Phantom 1 upgrade board Part #25, and the Mounting Adapter Part #3 (includes slightly longer landing gear).

Install the upgrade board per the DJI instructions, takes a hot soldering iron and lots of pictures just in case. Then attach the adapter plate to the underside of the shell. The H3/H4 attaches to the adapter plate, the ribbon cable attaches straight to the upgrade board. You will NOT need the GCU with this setup, keep it in the Zenmuse box for spare parts. You will still have proper video outputs via the plugs on the upgrade board and if you get lucky with a V3 board, you'll also have a CAN-BUS plug for iOSD later.

The Nazam software on my Mac sees the gimbal, via the regular onboard USB plug, and allowed me to set the lever up on the back of my controller. I have not attached any video to the system yet, but I plan to in the coming weeks, just have to decide what hardware I want to use.

Took me about 2 hours to do the total install, but your mileage may vary.
--B

I also did it with the upgrade board. Unfortunatelly I had problems with the lever controlling the gimbal tilt. It was working in progressive mode and not in follow mode. (the lever has to be in middle 0 position in order to stay fixed, otherway it will go all up or all down slowly. I only solved it by connecting the H3-3D GCU. So my suggestion is to buy the PMU v2 & H3-3D with GCU and not use the upgrade board as it is not fully supported by the crappy DJI which makes buggy software and gives no support to users.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl