Install of ITE-DBS01 on Vision 2 Plus----Big Ooops---

Reaction score
Hey guys,

In the depths of the install of this antenna I make a mistake but I want to confirm it is what I think it is. When removing the 5.8 GHz antenna from the board, while cutting away the glue and prying the connector off of the board I pulled the outside holders off of the circuit board.

The center rod is still there and I took the new antenna and pushed onto the rod and of course there was not a "SNAP" I held it in place and glued it.

It held well and I am confident it is secure. BUT on the test flight I was only able to go 560 feet before it lost connection and came home. My guess the "clips" were the ground for the antenna and so the new antenna is not working.

If this is the case can I solder it down to get the ground back......Or should I just get a new transmitter.....

You can certainly try to make the repair then decide if you're satisfied (confident).

Reduced range will be the clear indicator of whether or not you were successful.

Buying a replacement Tx will still be an option.

Can you confirm I am correct in my diagnoses? Are those clips used for the Antenna ground?

Yes.

If you need a new transmitter let me know I have one that is already modified so you don't have to worry about getting that white stuff off. Pm if interested!

@N017RW It is a ground bond, but it is the shielding as well, correct? Just can't picture the "clip" on the board. Is he talking about the U.FL connector on the circuit board of the controller?

If U.fl connector, you can buy a replacement and replace bad component for about $1+ shipping.....

Yes thanks! The U.fl connector. I was not sure of the name. The "collar" that surrounds the protruding nub on the board that the antenna "snaps" to. That collar is what was pulled off and is the ground. The male piece that goes on the board, that can be replaced? Guess I have nothing to loose. Thanks!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.