Install Google Play Support on P4P + Controller

Reaction score
I successfully loaded some 3rd party apps on my P4P + controller using ADB but a couple require Google Play Support to run. I have been trying to load this and play store but cannot seem to get it to work. I load the .apk for each but unfortunately the google play support keeps crashing. anyone have the correct version of the .apk for this application? I know you can do it on the crystal sky so it should be the same. Thoughts?

Hi Tiger :)

I'm having similar problems, I'm going to attempt some ADB installs, but would like to know what you managed to get working.

I have emailed DJI about this, and suggest you do too, as they need to know that their users are terminally pissed with them for not allowing additional software installs.

Mapping is impossible with this controller set up, as you probably know, and all I want to do is run a Drone Deploy mission or even better a Pix4D mission.

All I can suggest on which version of Play is to try all of them, probably starting with the oldest/same version that was released with Oreo initially (I think this is sound logic as the CrystalSky system appears to be based on Oreo)...

If you could help me by posting a link to the guides you used (if you did!) on how to install apps via ADB I would be most grateful - I can get to the same point in the process and will be in with a chance of helping you.

Cheers

Hi Tiger :)

I'm having similar problems, I'm going to attempt some ADB installs, but would like to know what you managed to get working.

I have emailed DJI about this, and suggest you do too, as they need to know that their users are terminally pissed with them for not allowing additional software installs.

Mapping is impossible with this controller set up, as you probably know, and all I want to do is run a Drone Deploy mission or even better a Pix4D mission.

All I can suggest on which version of Play is to try all of them, probably starting with the oldest/same version that was released with Oreo initially (I think this is sound logic as the CrystalSky system appears to be based on Oreo)...

If you could help me by posting a link to the guides you used (if you did!) on how to install apps via ADB I would be most grateful - I can get to the same point in the process and will be in with a chance of helping you.

Cheers

These are the google play apk files that allow a number of apps to load on the CS that require google play services, they might be also effective on the P4P+ but there is no evidence they will work

Dropbox - 3Rd Party Ap

These are the google play apk files that allow a number of apps to load on the CS that require google play services, they might be also effective on the P4P+ but there is no evidence they will work

Dropbox - 3Rd Party Ap

Thanks for the heads-up Iannes, unfortunately still no cigar mate. Play services still crashes. DJI must be chuckling hard. Ahh well. Back in its box it goes. :)

have you tried open_gapps-arm-5.1-pico-20171101.zip ;) (you do it on your own risk)

I successfully loaded some 3rd party apps on my P4P + controller using ADB but a couple require Google Play Support to run. I have been trying to load this and play store but cannot seem to get it to work. I load the .apk for each but unfortunately the google play support keeps crashing. anyone have the correct version of the .apk for this application? I know you can do it on the crystal sky so it should be the same. Thoughts?

I have successfully loaded google play store Litchi Drone Deploy I can not get google play services to run right which is what both of these 3rd parties are asking for me to run and I keep getting an error message telling me google play service has stopped working. this is on a p4p + as well and just like you I loaded it with .apk but I loaded it directly to the controller and did not use me PC. Have you had any further luck with yours I've had this for 8 months and I would like to start taking it to the field and helping do my job like i intended it to as as opposed to just using it as a hobby

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj