InShot editor doesn't recognize dji video?

Shoot4fun

Drone bum...
Premium Pilot
Reaction score
As per this forum, I downloaded InShot to help me learn to edit my flight vids. But it doesn't open my files when i try to edit. Do i have to have them actually stored in devices' HD to use this? I'd rather pull what I want from sd card and not have them all on my tablet. Not enough storage left. I have several sd cards full. I'm using a Galaxy Tab A that's about 2 years old and very limited (16gig) internal storage. Any help appreciated!

Brad

Reaction score
Traditional method is to download videos from the SD card into your PC hard drive via a USB cable or SD card reader. I have never tried editing the video stored on the tablet or remote device. You don't want the low resolution video from your remote device anyway, always from the SD card. Check the GoApp and ensure you are recording in MP4 format. That's what most editors will accept.

Reactions: Shoot4fun

Shoot4fun

Drone bum...
Premium Pilot
Reaction score
@NM_Quad Thanks. I was afraid of that. The tablet I'm using is just about done in. I've been putting off buying a new one, but I guess it's time. I'll give that a try. Thanks again!

Brad

Reaction score
The files from the SD card have higher, or much higher resolution than the files on the tablet. If you want the best results, use them at their highest resolution, and if you need less resolution, downsize them in post. The DJI imaging system is really very competent if you take full advantage of it.

Reaction score
I'm not a tablet guy so don't know the extent of their capabilities. If you want to get serious making nice videos, you'll need a platform with plenty of memory and hard drive storage, and room for loading a video editing program (usually many, many megabytes in size). For that reason, you may want to consider a PC or laptop if a new tablet is limited on disk space or memory. A laptop sized display also allows you to better see the quality of your images.

Shoot4fun

Drone bum...
Premium Pilot
Reaction score
The files from the SD card have higher, or much higher resolution than the files on the tablet. If you want the best results, use them at their highest resolution, and if you need less resolution, downsize them in post. The DJI imaging system is really very competent if you take full advantage of it.
I'm not sure what you mean by this David? didnt know dji had an imaging system? I can edit video in DJI go? How? Don't keep me in suspense man! 😁

Brad

Shoot4fun

Drone bum...
Premium Pilot
Reaction score
I'm not a tablet guy so don't know the extent of their capabilities. If you want to get serious making nice videos, you'll need a platform with plenty of memory and hard drive storage, and room for loading a video editing program (usually many, many megabytes in size). For that reason, you may want to consider a PC or laptop if a new tablet is limited on disk space or memory. A laptop sized display also allows you to better see the quality of your images.
I agree on that. Just don't have enough use to justify the cost of a higher end laptop, and my wife has forbidden me to even look at hers. I don't necessarily need to do a LOT of editing, I just want to tinker. The new tablet I'm looking at has a decent amount of storage, I can get up to 256gig, plus add a 1TB sd card, which would allow me to do, I think, what I need. Just couldn't get the files to open! I did change setting to mp4 from mov, so that should allow them to open in InShot, hopefully. I'll try that now and see what happens. Thanks to all for your input!

Brad

Reaction score
I did change setting to mp4 from mov, so that should allow them to open in InShot
That's your problem right there.

MOV = Apple
MP4 = Everything else

I use PowerDirector on my tablet, may try inshot after I have time to research it

Shoot4fun

Drone bum...
Premium Pilot
Reaction score
@umanbean
Figures. Apple has to be friggin different. Reason #102,368 why I dislike anything Apple
Thanks bean. Uh, sorry! Mr. bean! 😁

Brad

Reaction score
Thanks bean. Uh, sorry! Mr. bean! 😁
You're very welcome. I found that out the hard way after I got my first Phantom - a P3S. Before I knew better, shot some good videos that got saved as MOVs.

I feel the same way you do about the two Steves 'walled garden'.

{Reckon the real Mr. Bean would get po'd if I used an image of him for my avatar? He's a funny rascal ! } LOL

Shoot4fun

Drone bum...
Premium Pilot
Reaction score
Ok. Tell me what you think. First flight to be uploaded to my YouTube channel. Be nice. I'm a farmer, not a producer/ director!

Reactions: MTO
Reaction score
@NM_Quad Yup! Changed to mp4 and worked fine! Thanks for the help!

Brad
Glad you got it working. A blank screen due to wrong video format has happened to many of us. For non-apple and most video editors, .mp4 is the default format and the way to go. Good luck with your future flights and videos.

Phantom Drones from EALLRC.com

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TellMade