Inner Satellite Cover

Reaction score
Right after I got my P2 I went ahead and installed the copper sheet under the P2's cover to improve the number of Satellites and it most definitely worked. Went from 6 or 7 up to 12 that quick. Seeing how I am waiting on my P3P to show up, I was wandering if this same modification would be feasible for the P3? Common sense would dictate that it would work but thought I would just throw this question out there and see what others think and if anyone has already made this modification to a P3.

It seems like some people just itch to mod, regardless of whether it's necessary or not

I can say this, that if I get plenty of Sat's to fly with, then I see no reason to open the P3 once I get my hands on it. I agree that some people love to make mod's, but for me it was because of the number of Sat's I originally was getting with my P2. But to those who do like to make mod's, they sometimes can benefit us all, but that is something each Phantom owner has to decide for themselves.

Right after I got my P2 I went ahead and installed the copper sheet under the P2's cover to improve the number of Satellites... I was wandering if this same modification would be feasible for the P3?
That would be a waste of time and effort.
Late last year DJI finally started applying better shielding to the P2V+ just like the users had been doing for months.
They learned their lesson about stray RF affecting the GPS and it's carried through to the P3 series.
And then they have given you a free set of steak knives ..
Oops .. I mean Glonass satellites as a bonus.

I had read about the other sat's becoming available with the new P3 and am eagerly waiting to see if that is the case when mine shows up. ONly time will tell.

I had read about the other sat's becoming available with the new P3 and am eagerly waiting to see if that is the case when mine shows up. ONly time will tell.
There's a 0% chance you have the same sat count on your new bird.

I was flying with 17 satellites yesterday....day and night difference with glonass sats enabled

I get at least 11 in the house with the P3. Usually 18-20 outside.

P2V+ only got 6-9 at the kitchen table.
image.jpg

No mods needed.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic