Initial FPV ImmersionRc setup on P2

Reaction score
Hey guys!

First post here..

I just recieved my immersionRc 600mW Tx and Uno Rx with SpiroNET RHCP antennas. My question is about the placement of the Tx. After checking out many setups, I noticed that the most common is just sticking it perpendicular to the landing gear, right below the battery, on the RIGHT SIDE edge, away from the compass on the left side. Is this the most common and best position?

Also, I notice a lot of people stick it with the heatsink side touching the shell. Why is that? why not make the heat sink face down, this way you get better cooling.

Thanks!!

I set mine up like this but I am also using a H3-2D gimbal which gives me more room for mounting the TX. The iOSD is inside the shell. Hopefully you have the correct plug n play cable for your TX.
IMG_1554.jpg

Not sure about everyone else but the reason I stick my heatsink to the shell is because I want a flat level surface to fasten the velcro/sticky pad to. No known problems with heat dissipation, especially with it being external.

It is possible to point the antenna connector to the side as well (port side away from the compass usually). If the antennae does not hang below the GoPro/landing gear you will likely expect a short lost or interruption of transmission when you turn. The alternative is to hang the antenna below the landing gear, this is what I do at the moment but it does require hand catching.

Attachments

• p2.png
    p2.png
    663.1 KB · Views: 450
Last edited:
Mine is fitted in same position as Jason but i do have the heatsink facing out. The other side is less flat but with the addition of a couple of bits of double sided 3m tape before applying the 3m dual lock velcro. It's still hanging on. Easier to get to the dip switches though if you mount it heatsink side to bird.

Not sure about everyone else but the reason I stick my heatsink to the shell is because I want a flat level surface to fasten the velcro/sticky pad to. No known problems with heat dissipation, especially with it being external.

It is possible to point the antenna connector to the side as well (port side away from the compass usually). If the antennae does not hang below the GoPro/landing gear you will likely expect a short lost or interruption of transmission when you turn. The alternative is to hang the antenna below the landing gear, this is what I do at the moment but it does require hand catching.

What's that hanging from your TX Hughie? From here it looks like a beach ball.

I have got an extra set of plug n play cables for immersion 600mw and iOSD if you could use them. AND THERE FREE!!
Thanks :) but i'd feel uncomfortable asking them for free :))) id probably use them after I break off the solder to put in the osd module.. but for now i'll fly without the osd for a few months.. its expensive to buy everything at once :)).. i don't even have a monitor yet!.. i'll try it with my DVD monitor in my acura MDX for now.. just have to make sure not to go too far, since it'll go to blue screen pretty fast :))

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31