Incomplete video caching in GO4

Reaction score
GO4 does not seem to cache all videos on my iPhone from a flight. It’s not a storage issue on my phone. I don’t know if there is a pattern in terms of what parts of the flight are not cached but on my last flight the first bunch of minutes were not cached. And when I say cached, I mean when I go into the “album” inside the GO4 “editor” tab.

Is this a “best effort” cache that’s par for the course?

TIA for any info

Have a look at the “cached video size” setting- think it is under the last tab (bottom left). Auto setting seems to be very conservative as to what is allocated. The oldest footage is discarded first as the cache fills. That might be a simple explanation as to why the earliest part of the flight is missing. Simple isn’t always what it is though.

Have a look at the “cached video size” setting- think it is under the last tab (bottom left). Auto setting seems to be very conservative as to what is allocated. The oldest footage is discarded first as the cache fills. That might be a simple explanation as to why the earliest part of the flight is missing. Simple isn’t always what it is though.
Thank you. I’ll have a look. I apologize but my info was not as complete as it should have been. There were numerous videos and RAW pics from earlier flights. I’d guess that it would roll off the oldest vid in the library, not just of this flight. But things aren’t always intuitive. :)

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl