IMU works but doesn't calibrate... Any ideas?

Reaction score
Hi, my Phantom 3 Advanced won't calibrate any more. Never crashed, rarely flown (last time I flew it was in August). When I'm on IMU values screen all the values are pretty close to normal except for Z acceleration which is 1.41 (has to be 1 I believe). But when I move the bird around all the numbers (including Z acceleration) are changing normally i.e. nothing seems to be stuck.

I tried the "knock with a shoe" trick - no change.
I opened the Phantom, opened the black IMU box, removed IMU unit and gave it a couple of moderate knocks on my desk - no change.
I downgraded the firmware a couple of versions - no change.
I even tried calibrating the Phantom upside down (Z acc value was around -0,6) and it finished calibration. However when I tried to re-calibrate it in normal orientation - IMU calibration error again.

Is there any way I can tell the Naza unit that "Z=1,41" IS the neutral point?
Go back to even older firmware (right now I'm on 1.8 I believe for the bird and 1.6 for the remote)?

No way to enter an offset as you suggest.

Can it be that the value 1,41 (instead of 1) is considered so far out of range that it can not be "calibrated out" any more?
I searched the internet and found descriptions of IMUs that are stuck, showing a value of 18 for some axle for example. Compared to that an error of 0,4 doesn't seem so bad and could be calibrated out. Can anyone comment on if it is possible with some other firmware or is there possibly some hack for doing this, etc. ?

I don't know what the internal error limit is before calib. rejection but it does seem excessive.

Yikes, I'd weigh almost 250 with that amount error!

good evening,
I resolved my problem by changing the imu. now the values are good
thank you

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20