Imu calibration

Reaction score
Started to do imu and compass calibration yesterday. Got the p4 perfectly level and started the calibration. It got into it and stopped. I got out of that and calabrated the compass. Both the imu and compass had said they were excellent. If I go to fly and the compass says excellent should I calibrate it anyway if I go to a different location? I have a p3s and I never fooled with the imu. I have only flew the p4 here in the yard. When I brought up the dji app both the imu and compass said normal. If both say this should i do anything? I know they say to recalibrate the compass if you change locations. Any advice.

If I go to fly and the compass says excellent should I calibrate it anyway if I go to a different location? I know they say to recalibrate the compass if you change locations. Any advice.
The current advice most often given (as seen in this post and dozens of others) is that once you have a known good compass calibration, don't mess it up by doing another compass calibration unless you've physically added something (such as a tracker for one example) to your AC.

I personally havent calibrated my compass in a couple of years. Use that as a data point when deciding what makes you comfortable.

Reactions: JoBe
Sounds good to me. Seems like I read somewhere that you only need to calibrate if prompted to. If it says normal I am going to leave it alone.. Thanks for the reply.

Reactions: JoBe

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20