IMU warning

Reaction score
Greetings, I have a P4 that has been a dream to fly for the last year. Never a problem with it until a few weeks ago. Did a firmware update, aircraft/controller with Dji assistant and now I consistently get an IMU error. I calibrate the IMU and compass, the aircraft warms up and the warning goes away with everything in the green. Go fly... flip into sport mode, push forward and the aircraft starts oscillating nose up/down approximately 1” like I’m driving it over moguls on a ski run. It’s not my control touch, not flying into the sun, or swarms of insects, just a straight level run for about 100m. I have reset and calibrated the aircraft multiple times and the IMU warning keeps appearing before each flight. At one point I thought I had the problem corrected after the reset, but it came back. Curious if anyone else has had this type of issue and if so, short of sending the P4 back to Dji, were you able to correct it? Thank you for your time.

Greetings, I have a P4 that has been a dream to fly for the last year. Never a problem with it until a few weeks ago. Did a firmware update, aircraft/controller with Dji assistant and now I consistently get an IMU error. I calibrate the IMU and compass, the aircraft warms up and the warning goes away with everything in the green. Go fly... flip into sport mode, push forward and the aircraft starts oscillating nose up/down approximately 1” like I’m driving it over moguls on a ski run. It’s not my control touch, not flying into the sun, or swarms of insects, just a straight level run for about 100m. I have reset and calibrated the aircraft multiple times and the IMU warning keeps appearing before each flight. At one point I thought I had the problem corrected after the reset, but it came back. Curious if anyone else has had this type of issue and if so, short of sending the P4 back to Dji, were you able to correct it? Thank you for your time.

First, I don't have a P4... but the warning sounds like a common issue I've seen here after an update. I believe the error is actually a mis-labeled notice to wait for the IMU to warm-up.
The oscillation sounds logical from the point of view that flying prior to sufficient warm-up could/would be problematic.

Have you waited for the warning to clear before flying?

If so and the problem persists I can't help further since I have no personal experience. Others will chime-in I'm sure.

I always allow for sufficient warm up and for the ready to fly notification. Thank you for your input, it is much appreciated.

I have two P4s and I get the IMU error message before every flight on both my aircraft since the firmware upgrade. At first I was very concerned and went thru the IMU calibration and still got the error message. I've learned to ignore the message because as soon as the craft warms up the message goes away and both of my P4s have flown without incident. I think that N017RW is on to the correct diagnosis.

First, I would like to thank everyone who responded to this thread. You were all a great help. To update anyone who may have been watching, I got and downloaded the new firmware update finally last night and it took away the consistent IMU error message and... she flies as smooth as glass in all modes. My obvious guess is that the last firmware update before last night had everything to do with my issues. I’m glad I waited until the new one came out instead of sending it back in to Dji. Again, thank you for your input. Have a great week and fly safe.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dlr11164