IMU calibration on P4

Reaction score
Can I level my P4 like I did my P3? Meaning lay a piece of glass over motor shafts, without props on. Are the adapters close enough to Do it this way?

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk

I leveled mine recently with just a 24" level on the shafts without the props. Front to back. Side to side, etc. Didn't have a large piece of glass handy.

Fwiw, the feet (front to back) were a quarter bubble different verses the tops of the motor shafts. Haven't flown it yet with thee top of motor level to see what happens. I don't know where the IMU sits inside with regards to which leveling system is more accurate, feet or shafts?

The IMUs' are level in the body and the gimbal is fastened to the body, I think IMU calibration on it's legs on a level base followed by a gimbal calibration is as good as you will get it. The bird will lean in the wind to maintain position using GPS and VPS and the gimbal should adjust to horizon using to IMU values. The motors are never level in flight anyways. I calibrate my P4 this way and it's very steady. IMO

I always got a better gimbal calibration, when I do the imu cal, with the glass on top, on my P3A.

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers