IMU Calibration fail.... HELPPPPPP

Reaction score
So as a COMPLETE idiot I bought my P4 used... I did however fly it last Thursday for the first time for about 10 min just close to home. Everything went smoothly! Well the next day I go to fire it up and......tells me to calibrate the IMU. I then proceed to try and calibrate the imu and I get an error code 13 (cannot calibrate at current temp) since then I have honestly tried about 30 plus attempts in both cold and room temp. The ground is always perfectly level and I have even deleted old firmware and reinstalled..... same error! any ideas??? and again yes I'm an idiot for buying a used one but didn't have a scratch on it.... thanks

Found a link to a video, not sure it will help. Me and this guy may have to settle for last place in helping.

If not allowed to post this please delete or tell me to delete.

I don't know if this happens to everyone, but whenever I start up my P4, I ALWAYS get the "Error, calibrate IMU" message. This occurs every single flight.

I just ignore the message and after about a minute or so, it goes away -- then I fly. This 'feature' was added on one of the recent DJI Go4 updates. It's been going on for at least a couple of months. DJI is aware of it.

So next time you get the IMU error, wait and see if it goes away. If you can fly without issue, then don't bother with the IMU calibration routine.

Reactions: Samuraiz
Sounds like an error message that is poorly timed or implemented and is really meant to indicate 'wait for IMU warm-up'.

I bought a P4 refurbished and it had IMU errors right out of the box. I tried to calibrate and the ACC1 had no data error. I was wondering if you had any errors when you tried to calibrate? I returned it. Waiting for my replacement. Supposed to be here tomorrow.

I agree with Jwt873 Ever since the last update, I get the IMU error every flight. It goes away after the IMU has warmed up.

Hope it’s not Chinese translation error: Warming >>>>>Warning>>>>>>Error

I have 7 drones p4's and they all say calibrate imu on start up. I did it a few times. I am hoping the next update will get rid of it

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl