IMU Calibration Failed: Unknown Error at 1%

Reaction score
I haven't flown my Phantom 3 Advanced for about 4 months, and when I started it yesterday, I had a message that a firmware update was needed.
Last time I used the drone I ignored the update message and just calibrated the IMU and compass with no problems. This time I updated the firmware for both drone and controller as well as updating the DJI GO app on my Iphone.
Now when I start the drone I get a message saying the IMU needs calibrating, but when I try this, it only reaches 1% when I get the unknown Error message.
I have removed the top of the drone and given the IMU unit a few taps, but it's made no difference. I noticed that if I move the drone the Gyroscope, Acceleration & Compass readings all change, which makes me think that the IMU isn't stuck. I have posted a screen cap of the message and readings below, Any ideas what could cause the error if it isn't a stuck IMU ?

Photo 03-08-2019, 20 36 39.png

Was just reading some replays on goggle,one say give battery good push in to maybe help unstuck it or try the imu calibration twice in a row,,another post say do rc calibration first before imu
Screenshot_20190804-103757.jpg
on this

I haven't flown my Phantom 3 Advanced for about 4 months, and when I started it yesterday, I had a message that a firmware update was needed.
Last time I used the drone I ignored the update message and just calibrated the IMU and compass with no problems. This time I updated the firmware for both drone and controller as well as updating the DJI GO app on my Iphone.
Now when I start the drone I get a message saying the IMU needs calibrating, but when I try this, it only reaches 1% when I get the unknown Error message.
I have removed the top of the drone and given the IMU unit a few taps, but it's made no difference. I noticed that if I move the drone the Gyroscope, Acceleration & Compass readings all change, which makes me think that the IMU isn't stuck. I have posted a screen cap of the message and readings below, Any ideas what could cause the error if it isn't a stuck IMU ?

View attachment 113505
good evening,
I have the same problem did you find a solution please?

good evening,
I resolved my problem by changing the imu. now the values are good
thank you

Reactions: Oso
[QUOTE = "sacci, publicación: 1486868, miembro: 123570"]
buena noches,
Resolví mi problema cambiando el imu. ahora los valores son buenos
gracias
[/CITAR]
Hello, Como cambiaste la IMU?

Recent Posts

Members online