IMU CALIBRATION AND WARMING UP

I made my own leveling platform and have it ready, then I put my bird in my vehicle with the AC blowing into the battery port (meat thermometer in the port) and on a battery. While that's cooling I get my controller and iPad ready. When my temperature gauge reads about 65 degrees I'll take the bird to the leveling platform and immediately do the IMU Calibration.

Don't power up the P2 for an hour. Charge the battery and during this time, find your self a spirit bubble level to find a perfectly levelled surface - more levelled, better the yaw.

have the phantom app on the adv calibrate screen. Plug phantom in and power up. The moment its powered up, calibrate IMMEDIATELY. If done quickly, the MC temp warning will not appear. If it does, just process. The cooler your phantom is, the faster the IMU is done. It should get 2 greens in less than 2 minutes. Any longer, just let the bird cool and restart.

Thanks for the help but i still seem to be having issues, first I want to state that I have not turned my chopper on in about a month and a few weeks since its crash and returning the gimbal to DJI for repair, and once on, pluged in and got the M.C. to hot error, in regards to Okie72, it was cooler out this morning before the sun came up then inside my home so I left the craft outside for about an hour to get cool, I then brought it inside in my basement where it is the coolest, started the assistant, got to the IMU calibration screen, then plugged in the P2 and turned it on after turning the R.C. on first.... First thing to happen was the P2 went into failsafe and flashed yellow nonstop! I clicked advanced IMU calibration and again got that the M.C. is too hot error! I also noticed that the Mod under the gryo was at 2.0 which I know is not good! Acceleration was at 1.02 and Compass Mod 1456.8, I clicked calibrate anyway as Mako79 said and once complete it went out of failsafe and Gyro Mod fluctuated between 0.1 and 0.4

I just want to also state my issues have not been with the warm up time getting any longer, I see and have seen no difference in warm up time, the only issue I have been having is while flying losing communication with the controller and the the P2

with that all said, I currently have my P2 cooling in the basement with a fan on it and will keep it there with the fan on it for the next hour (and battery out of corse) before plugging it in again and once again calibrating the IMU

Get it as cool as you can to shorten the warm up time.
Agreed this works very well and will drastically shorten the warm up time. Bird and battery both cool at the time of IMU Calibration

so despite all the efforts and info i am still having issues no one else seems to be having, again no problems with long warm ups or anything like that... what exactly is the P330CB? it says its got the latest version and while there is a fireware update for the M.C. I have not yet done it, my issue is whenever I fly mid flight my P2 goes into failsafe and auto lands EVERYTIME! I left it in the basement for 6 hours with a fan on it, I plugged into the flight assistant and soon as it powered on started flashing yellow and at the bottom of the screen iit says failsafe! I calibrated the IMU with no over heating issues, I then noticed in transmitter it was switched to updated version but I DO NOT have the updated controller with the rolling ball gimbal control I have the basic with the small lever in back for gimbal control so I thought ah this must be the issue but is it? so I then switched it to basic, power cycled but when the settings came back online it was back to advanced?!?!?!?!?! I then attempted to switch it back to basic AGAIN! went to calibrate the IMU with the transmitter setting switched and then the over heating warning came up, I Xed out rather then hitting yes and it just stoped, power cycled and R.C. is back on advanced!?!?!?!?! got it back down in the basement with the fan going and will try again in a few hours, this is really bumming me out, any ideas???? anybody?????

so despite all the efforts and info i am still having issues no one else seems to be having, again no problems with long warm ups or anything like that... what exactly is the P330CB? it says its got the latest version and while there is a fireware update for the M.C. I have not yet done it, my issue is whenever I fly mid flight my P2 goes into failsafe and auto lands EVERYTIME! I left it in the basement for 6 hours with a fan on it, I plugged into the flight assistant and soon as it powered on started flashing yellow and at the bottom of the screen iit says failsafe! I calibrated the IMU with no over heating issues, I then noticed in transmitter it was switched to updated version but I DO NOT have the updated controller with the rolling ball gimbal control I have the basic with the small lever in back for gimbal control so I thought ah this must be the issue but is it? so I then switched it to basic, power cycled but when the settings came back online it was back to advanced?!?!?!?!?! I then attempted to switch it back to basic AGAIN! went to calibrate the IMU with the transmitter setting switched and then the over heating warning came up, I Xed out rather then hitting yes and it just stoped, power cycled and R.C. is back on advanced!?!?!?!?! got it back down in the basement with the fan going and will try again in a few hours, this is really bumming me out, any ideas???? anybody?????

Hey tyrell, it sounds like you have other issues which may not allow you to perform an IMU calibration anyway. You may want to look for a solution to your connection problem in P2. Once you resolve that problem then try the IMU calibration.
It's just a thought, I don't see anyone here offering up any help on your failsafe problem here.

PC330CB is the main controller board on the phantom.
Update vs Basic controller wont make much of a difference unless you have camera tilting issues. Everything on the remote is essentially the same.

Go into failsafe and landing could be 3 things.
1 - the transmitter is faulty and thinks its out of range. Could be a crimped antenna cable. Make sure you point the tip of the antenna to the sky for range.
2 - a faulty S1 (right toggle) switch. Check by plugging in RC12 or Phantom Assist app and move the switches.
3 - Autoland could be from a faulty battery - keep an eye on it, but I assume your failsafe is set to land and NOT return to home when loss of signal.
Keep an eye on your battery level.

Reactions: IflyinWY
PC330CB is the main controller board on the phantom.
Update vs Basic controller wont make much of a difference unless you have camera tilting issues. Everything on the remote is essentially the same.

Go into failsafe and landing could be 3 things.
1 - the transmitter is faulty and thinks its out of range. Could be a crimped antenna cable. Make sure you point the tip of the antenna to the sky for range.
2 - a faulty S1 (right toggle) switch. Check by plugging in RC12 or Phantom Assist app and move the switches.
3 - Autoland could be from a faulty battery - keep an eye on it, but I assume your failsafe is set to land and NOT return to home when loss of signal.
Keep an eye on your battery level.

Thanks guys for all the help, my antenna cables has never been pointed at the sky, its always run downward, down the P2s arm and looks no different then the day I unboxed it and as for battery I have 2 and the issue occurs with both.... does anyone think it can be due to the R.C. issue I addressed, that it changes in the assistant software? I am going to call DJI first thing tomorrow and see what they have to say, once I talk to them I will let you all know what they say as the out come, this has happened while way up in the air and also low to the ground about 10 feet away from.

Thanks guys for all the help, my antenna cables has never been pointed at the sky, its always run downward, down the P2s arm and looks no different then the day I unboxed it and as for battery I have 2 and the issue occurs with both.... does anyone think it can be due to the R.C. issue I addressed, that it changes in the assistant software? I am going to call DJI first thing tomorrow and see what they have to say, once I talk to them I will let you all know what they say as the out come, this has happened while way up in the air and also low to the ground about 10 feet away from.

WOW I'm not sure what's going on there? I would do like your saying and call DJI and hopefully you can get it resolved. Let us know and best of luck!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj