IMPORTANT: DJI Go app 2.50/2.51 enables GEO functionality

Unlike android, a shared iOS ipa file will not work. It is encrypted at download and is tied to your individual Apple ID and password. That is why Apple users must save their old files. Sorry, but that's why you are going to find this shared file does not work.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: Oso
Hi Guys, since version 2.5 i Can't fly no more, my entire city (Tel Aviv) become NFZ. This is absurd!I owned 2 phantom's 3 pro, Can't fly them unless i'll go for 40 minute drive
I really think this time DJI has gone insane
Photos of before / after :

Attachments

• IMG_0036.jpg
    IMG_0036.jpg
    200.1 KB · Views: 500
  • IMG_0034.jpg
    IMG_0034.jpg
    211.6 KB · Views: 479
Unlike android, a shared iOS ipa file will not work. It is encrypted at download and is tied to your individual Apple ID and password. That is why Apple users must save their old files. Sorry, but that's why you are going to find this shared file does not work.

When I posted it thought the same thing will be interesting :)
I am not using a Jailbroken device maybe other are

Just checked the Droid is uploaded The droid version will have to be side loaded
10min more for iOS version

Yep - I was actually wondering if they were going to do that. I mean, it could easily be used for nefarious purposes when you guys are so close to areas that want to target you.
I would request a refund immediately. If you want to object and contact the person responsible for this, his contact information is at the bottom of this public announcement by DJI:
DJI Introduces New Geofencing System for its Drones

His name is Brendan Schulman.

Hi Guys, since version 2.5 i Can't fly no more, my entire city (Tel Aviv) become NFZ. This is absurd!I owned 2 phantom's 3 pro, Can't fly them unless i'll go for 40 minute drive

Remember DJI trying to say "GEO will simply allow you to fly in MORE places than currently?" Guess that turned out to be a lie.

If you are going to write Brendan, be polite and don't shoot the messenger. He may be the public face of DJI in respect to GEO but he is not the architect of the solution and he is not responsible for DJI's sloppy release management.

He is a long time RC advocate and is likely to be more on your side than not.

The following has been posted on RCGroups as a fix for those having NFZ issues.. It seems to have been a server side error..

1. Please connect mobile device to the Internet.
2. Turn on craft and should be on P-GPS mode, please make sure craft has solid GPS lock.
3. Please make sure that RC and mobile device is connected to craft..
Wait for 1-5 min, and try to reboot the App to check.

Therefore was wondering if it would be possible for somebody that does have the 2.4.3 version installed for IOS to take a copy of the application file for IOS (if they still have it on their iPhone) and make available...I am sure a lot of other people would also greatly appreciated...especially by me!!!

Many thanks to all! :)
As far as I know, unless something has changed you can't use a copy of an iOS app that was downloaded by another user unless you have their Apple password. I have never tried it since I keep backups of all app versions, so this could be inaccurate. Since it has been posted here on the forum many times that it doesn't work to use someone else's iOS app files, I tend to believe it. If you find a copy, I'd love to hear if it worked for you or not. Good luck!

EDIT - Duplicate post, sorry. I didn't see the @impilot51 post a few minutes earlier.

Last edited:
Anyone care to post if this is a fix after trying it?

No need. All good.
The following has been posted on RCGroups as a fix for those having NFZ issues.. It seems to have been a server side error..

1. Please connect mobile device to the Internet.
2. Turn on craft and should be on P-GPS mode, please make sure craft has solid GPS lock.
3. Please make sure that RC and mobile device is connected to craft..
Wait for 1-5 min, and try to reboot the App to check.

I installed today and when I started it displays "Approaching No Fly Zone". I HAD NEVER SEEN THIS MESSAGE BEFORE.

DJI IS TOTALLY SILENT ABOUT THIS CHANGE ON DJI GO APP 2.5. WHY???????????

View attachment 40107

View attachment 40108

View attachment 40109

I don't see any place to fly now, I am trapped.
Well we knew it was coming !! This sucks if you haven't learned how to really fly! Ditch the P3 what ever and build you a unit that you can fly manually.

It does not work. I have tried it. It's part of the infrastructure that Apple used to ensure you don't share purchased programs.

It looks like DJI has fixed this on the server side. You will need to connect to the P3, wait for a few minutes and then kill and restart the app. Please report your results.

Reactions: DrJoe
It also doesn't help confidence when they have server issues with unlock zones. Just wait until when the servers go down and no one can fly.

It seems to have been a server side error..
Imagine that.....

This, folks, is what will kill DJI. The idea isn't great but may be the least of several evils. The fact that DJI can't program it's way out of a paper bag coupled with the usual Internet nonsense of multiple servers all over the world needing to work and play well together will make this a less than robust solution.

Off to talk to B&H, see if they will take them back.

Imagine that.....

This, folks, is what will kill DJI. The idea isn't great but may be the least of several evils. The fact that DJI can't program it's way out of a paper bag coupled with the usual Internet nonsense of multiple servers all over the world needing to work and play well together will make this a less than robust solution.

Off to talk to B&H, see if they will take them back.

You have to look at things from a Business perspective as well. I am certain that DJI knows where the largest volume of their sales comes from, and it is probably not in the areas that are gigantic red NFZ but those areas I am willing to bet have policies that restrict flight of these devices. If they do not then the NFZ will be removed by DJI, you send a request and they remove it from the map. That is what the beta has been all about is making sure that the maps and software work as designed.

This is a giant addition to how drones operate and ultimately I believe it will give DJI a financial boost as countries pass more stringent regulations concerning UAV's.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl