IMPORTANT: DJI Go app 2.50/2.51 enables GEO functionality

Yellow zones are shown on the website on the beta version.

That's where I see them as well. Thought you meant in the goapp. They are for sure not on my install of 2.5 but others without 1.7 report seeing them in the Goapp. Strange.

I was going to return my old style motor pro for the new style motor version, why worry about it now with all of the flight restrictions not allowing me to lift off in my own front yard, why bother anymore? I'll just return it for a refund. I sure am glad I purchased from Best Buy and can return it up until 1-15-16. Just too much Bull S*** to deal with these "drones".
I'll go back to flying my helis, nothing there to stop lift off regardless of location. Our AMA approved field is beside a small aircraft runway and never been a problem.

Can anyone at all give any compelling reason to not return it given the opportunity?

Reactions: Apilot101
That's where I see them as well. Thought you meant in the goapp
I was going to return my old style motor pro for the new style motor version why worry about it now with all of the flight restrictions not allowing me to lift off in my own front yard, why bother anymore I'll just return it for a refund. I sure am glad I purchased from Best Buy and can return it up until 1-15-16. Just too much Bull S*** to deal with these "drones".
I'll go back to flying my helis, nothing there to stop lift off regardless of location. Our AMA approved field is beside a small aircraft runway and never been a problem.

Can anyone at all give any compelling reason to not return it given the opportunity?

I think that might be an overreaction but if a lot of people do that it will lower the heat for the majority that are willing to accept that the past 4 months have caused a large volume increase in what was a small niche hobby ( rc aircraft in general). I have been flying rc for 30 years and I am surprised this did not happen sooner. Dji is doing something very uncharacteristic of Chineese companies which is to create restriction before it is demanded.

I was going to return my old style motor pro for the new style motor version, why worry about it now with all of the flight restrictions not allowing me to lift off in my own front yard, why bother anymore? I'll just return it for a refund. I sure am glad I purchased from Best Buy and can return it up until 1-15-16. Just too much Bull S*** to deal with these "drones".

No. I think everyone who is upset about this should return their aircraft. That's truly how statements are made.

Reactions: Apilot101
This is good info. Thanks for sharing..

So your saying that the yellow zones on this map are showing up red on the app and you cannot fly at all?

I'm in a yellow zone. Can I unlock?

Yes, with the new App and 1.6 firmware the yellow zones that show up on this map show up as red instead and you can not launch. With version 1.6 of the firmware there is no way to unlock. That will have to wait for version 1.7.

There has been some speculation on another board that down-reving to version 1.5 will make the the NFZs disappear.

Just thinkin out loud here but I have found a lot of new gems to fly just by looking at Google maps around my area. I found my current go-to spot doing that but I must admit that if it would show up as a nfz I wouldn't mind finding a new spot. It gets boring flying the same location time after time. Plus there's nothing to film at a spot once you filmed it. I feel for anyone who has no convenient choices left, I do. I hope I'm not stuck like that. But if you look around you can usually find plenty of spots that are in the clear. New places can be fun and really rewarding to film. Good luck to all.

I guess this is why they had that big blow out sale!!! Such a deal I got!! new Phantom 3 and can't fly on my property by like 2.5 blocks on the ouskirts of a yellow zone. Gonna try to erase app and use old one I have on Itunes. I don't think that is gonna be a long lasting hack though.

Sooo, I guess I'll sell the P3, and go back to my P2 w/Zenmuse and GoPro3 and remove more iosd mini, and hopefully I'll still have something. I'm assuming with a regular P2 and no dataexchange I should be ok as long as I dont update the craft ever again?

I guess this is why they had that big blow out sale!!! Such a deal I got!! new Phantom 3 and can't fly on my property by like 2.5 blocks on the ouskirts of a yellow zone. Gonna try to erase app and use old one I have on Itunes. I don't think that is gonna be a long lasting hack though.

Sooo, I guess I'll sell the P3, and go back to my P2 w/Zenmuse and GoPro3 and remove more iosd mini, and hopefully I'll still have something. I'm assuming with a regular P2 and no dataexchange I should be ok as long as I dont update the craft ever again?
I am curious... have you tried to fly it? If so, what happens?

Reactions: Timmydz
I am curious... have you tried to fly it? If so, what happens?

No go. It's like 2 degrees here tonight so I didn't mess with long, but red no fly came up, so it is showing as Red no fly zone now(it never was anything before btw). :(

I'll try the old app tomorrow, but I'm sure many will post before I get a chance to try, so we'll see.

Yes, with the new App and 1.6 firmware the yellow zones that show up on this map show up as red instead and you can not launch. With version 1.6 of the firmware there is no way to unlock. That will have to wait for version 1.7.

There has been some speculation on another board that down-reving to version 1.5 will make the the NFZs disappear.
No mate, it is possible to unlock a zone from public 1.6 with 2.4.4. beta app.

A 1.5 i am just able to fly, and NFZ still are cached. After upgrade to 1.6 i have NFZ again (if i do not unlock it).
It works two days ago in my case. I wrote about that in above link.

Last edited:
I'm currently on a beta version of 1.5.0. I should be able to go back to 1.4.1 firmware. And also currently at 2.4.3 app.

I basically stopped all upgrading regardless the situation when the firmware appeared to have changes that slowed down the speed of the A/C. That did not settle with me very well, so the brakes were applied. I have since watched the numerous updates for both the A/C and App have taken place. Even more so they have come out with no legit pre-testing.

I would say your best option would be to stay right where you currently are, which is 1.6.4. I say this because what is most important is to have piece of mind that your A/C is not going to drop from the sky due to jacked up battery firmware.
ok frank thanks for the advice i will do that and see what happens in the future with all these NFZ implications. Do you think people will start to buy other products like bebop parrot etc if DJI continue to force these restrictions or do you think all the other companies manufacturing drones will do exactly the same thing as DJI are or are they forced to by different governments?

I saw a new item "Flight Controller Serial Number" in DJI Go App in About section when aircraft got connected to aircraft. I tried to use this number to unlock NFZ. Got a message stating successful unlock. But in reality when I started P3, I still saw a message you are in No Fly Zone after home point was set.

Not sure if unlocking process is not established yet or will it take time to unlock it. I will check it after 24 hours again.

My iPad had auto updates turned on (I was not aware) but when I checked it and it was updated to 2.5 i deleted the app, and never once turned my P3 on and it didn't have a battery in the craft at all..
I was able to successfully restore back to the 2.4.3 then turned the craft on and all seemed to be fine.
Considering that the craft was never on and never even had a battery in it whilst my iPad had 2.5 on it, it should not have transmitted any of this 2.5 and NFZ info over to the the bird should it? Should it be business as usual for me, as if nothing was ever updated? I would assume the craft would not know any difference..Is anyone able to confirm?

Thanks

That should be the case. I have not personally confirmed it though.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

My iPad had auto updates turned on (I was not aware) but when I checked it and it was updated to 2.5 i deleted the app, and never once turned my P3 on and it didn't have a battery in the craft at all..
I was able to successfully restore back to the 2.4.3 then turned the craft on and all seemed to be fine.
Considering that the craft was never on and never even had a battery in it whilst my iPad had 2.5 on it, it should not have transmitted any of this 2.5 and NFZ info over to the the bird should it? Should it be business as usual for me, as if nothing was ever updated? I would assume the craft would not know any difference..Is anyone able to confirm?

Thanks
That should work, but you're only delaying the inevitable. Rightly or wrongly I've updated as we're all going to have to get used to this dogs dinner sooner or later.

No mate, it is possible to unlock a zone from public 1.6 with 2.4.4. beta app.

A 1.5 i am just able to fly, and NFZ still are cached. After upgrade to 1.6 i have NFZ again (if i do not unlock it).
It works two days ago in my case. I wrote about that in above link.

This appears to only work if you have an Android device. I have 2 iOS devices so I can't unlock the zone.

I have reverted back to the old version of the DJI GO App. Someone suggested reverting back to version 1.5 firmware would cause the problem to go away but I've seen others say that once it is locked it is locked and reverting to 1.5 didn't make a difference. Can anybody confirm?

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT