IMPORTANT: DJI Go app 2.50/2.51 enables GEO functionality

Out of curiosity vs my possible stupidity, I updated to latest android Go app, P3P is on latest fw.... This is what I found:
The only NFZ showing on the map are major airports and some stadiums all shown in red with appropriate 5mile radius on airports (due to weather in NW UK I'm unable to see if these can be unlocked yet).
No yellow OR green zones showing at all (but plenty if I look online Geo Beta map on laptop) on the Go app.
I can only see the red NFZs across my area, eg if I look at the other end of UK no NFZs show at all......so how can I book in advance for a new area if they're not visible?
Anyone else with similar findings?

Hi Everyone,

Well I am a proud owner of a P2A, however I like many others are worried about the Geo Fence issue. I currently use an iPhone using IOS for the DJI Go app, however my phone updated to the new version 2.5 yesterday. Thankfully I haven't turned on the P2A...yet. However as I had not backed up my iPhone to the PC for a while I have not got a copy of the 2.4.3 version of DJI Go for IOS.

Therefore was wondering if it would be possible for somebody that does have the 2.4.3 version installed for IOS to take a copy of the application file for IOS (if they still have it on their iPhone) and make available...I am sure a lot of other people would also greatly appreciated...especially by me!!!

Many thanks to all! :)

I am P3P, but not proud anymore.
What is also a bit of an issue is that the web maps seem to be very light compared to the official ones being used within the new app which is also quite miss-leading to the potential impacts it may have on users.

Out of curiosity vs my possible stupidity, I updated to latest android Go app, P3P is on latest fw.... This is what I found:
The only NFZ showing on the map are major airports and some stadiums all shown in red with appropriate 5mile radius on airports (due to weather in NW UK I'm unable to see if these can be unlocked yet).
No yellow OR green zones showing at all (but plenty if I look online Geo Beta map on laptop) on the Go app.
I can only see the red NFZs across my area, eg if I look at the other end of UK no NFZs show at all......so how can I book in advance for a new area if they're not visible?

This is exactly the same things I see for Scotland also - There is a yellow zone right round my home city but I dont see it as a massive issue just need to unlock it before I leave the house.

Personally I dont "welcome" the changes but its hardly surprising when the idiots are being well idiotic - Would rather have this than an outright ban.

Idiots are a promile of every society. You have much more idiots on roads. And geo wil punish responsible ones when idiots will be flying with alu foil on GPS or different brand products.
To be honest - at now DJI have NFZ over airports and near misses with aircraft are almost impossible to do by DJI quads, so DJI owners are not idiots group, because technically they cant.

I was going to return my old style motor pro for the new style motor version, why worry about it now with all of the flight restrictions not allowing me to lift off in my own front yard, why bother anymore? I'll just return it for a refund. I sure am glad I purchased from Best Buy and can return it up until 1-15-16. Just too much Bull S*** to deal with these "drones".
I'll go back to flying my helis, nothing there to stop lift off regardless of location. Our AMA approved field is beside a small aircraft runway and never been a problem.

Can anyone at all give any compelling reason to not return it given the opportunity?
I am giving it another day or two. I really like the upgrades the P3P has over my P2V+ but this mess that DJI has created is making me think to return it, wait and see if they fix this mess and if so when. I don't see the price of a P3P going up so why not return it, go fly my P2 and see what happens. Two more days till I decide how to vote with my wallet.

Ok this thread is getting confusing. If I'm getting this right:
-The beta geo maps with yellow circles have now turned into appropriately sized red ones.
-Takeoff is prevented within these red circles.
-Installing beta 1.7 allows you to unlock these zones.

Is all of this true? Sorry this thread is just crazy.

Sent from my iPod touch using PhantomPilots mobile app

My same experience as well. Only have two very small NFZ and one large (International Airport). Also pleasantly surprised to discover the zones are appropriately sized, with the International airport having a rather large NFZ and the other two being very small and not 5 miles. I am running 2.5 IOS with 1.6 craft firmware. The beta 1.7 firmware and website have a ton of yellow around my area, none of which shows up on my device.

Reactions: sticky photography
Anyone wishing to share a copy of their IOS 2.4.3 DJI Go app - it would be greatly received given the report on 2.5 - mine updated automatically! :-(

I was going to return my old style motor pro for the new style motor version, why worry about it now with all of the flight restrictions not allowing me to lift off in my own front yard, why bother anymore? I'll just return it for a refund. I sure am glad I purchased from Best Buy and can return it up until 1-15-16. Just too much Bull S*** to deal with these "drones".
I'll go back to flying my helis, nothing there to stop lift off regardless of location. Our AMA approved field is beside a small aircraft runway and never been a problem.

Can anyone at all give any compelling reason to not return it given the opportunity?
Brasstown?

Ok this thread is getting confusing. If I'm getting this right:
-The beta geo maps with yellow circles have now turned into appropriately sized red ones.
-Takeoff is prevented within these red circles.
-Installing beta 1.7 allows you to unlock these zones.

Is all of this true? Sorry this thread is just crazy.

Sent from my iPod touch using PhantomPilots mobile app
It appears to be, yes - on android at least. However whether that sensible solution will continue is another matter.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20