IMPORTANT: DJI Go app 2.50/2.51 enables GEO functionality

Have you noticed some of the red cirlces that were small are now bigger and or new circles popped up?

No new zones on my map, just the two that were already there.

I have connected to my aircraft.

image.png

Last edited:
I think that if anyone has concerns about DJI's implementation of this troubling update, they should write to the individual in charge of the GEO implementation. He is a public speaker, a public figure, and his name is Brendan Schulman.

ok, what happens when someone download 2.5.0 and needs to install the beta firmware to unlock.
What happens to our warranty if something goes wrong firmware 1.7 still in beta.

You can unlock 3 days in advance, but the unlock only is valid for 24 hours once you start flying.

According to the site, the unlock itself is good for three days, although it starts counting at midnight so it's really two days plus however early you did the unlock:
Please note that your zone will be unlocked for 3 days starting from 12:00 am today to 23:59 pm the day after tomorrow.
edit: ah, I see; the in-flight unlocks are for 24 hours, but the advance ones through the website are good for "three" days.

I am at a loss, I have verified versions and you see my screen grab. The only circles are legit no fly zones. One is international airport, one is stadium, and one is smaller airport. All of the other zones are missing as are the many small airports, helipads, etc.

I upgraded the app on my old phone and launched it with the remote off. The zones look the same as on my real phone, which doesn't have 2.5.0. This is for the Atlanta metro area.

FWIW when I view the online map for my area, the green zones appear to basically correspond to the heliports/private fields that show up in the B4UFLY app.

Strange wonder why 2.5 on my Ipad does not show green or yellow zones, only red no fly.

I think the problem is a yellow zone requires unlocking but there is no way to request or apply one in the current public app.

This is good info. Thanks for sharing..

So your saying that the yellow zones on this map are showing up red on the app and you cannot fly at all?

I'm in a yellow zone. Can I unlock?

I think the problem is a yellow zone requires unlocking but there is no way to request or apply one in the current public app.
A classic case of putting the cart before the horse. I'm assuming fur is flying in China town and they will soon correct the mistake.

Reactions: Dirty Bird
I had one red zone pop up around the airport. No other zones. Will more show up when you connect to the aircraft?

I have 1.4 and 2.4.3 on both birds and both iPads. I will be willing to bet combo packs of this firmware and app setting and lower will sell for big bucks at some point. I bought 2 iPads - one for each bird - that fly perfectly as is. I guess I won't be updating or upgrading anymore and will just fly these two birds to failure. I do not want a 1500 dollar brick.

Sent from my PT beating heart

I had one red zone pop up around the airport. No other zones. Will more show up when you connect to the aircraft?

How do you get the map to come up if you are not connected to the Phantom? I cannot get to it, all I get is connect screen in the DJIGO app in IOS. If I connect then I can look at my GPS map, but not without connecting.

I have 1.4 and 2.4.3 on both birds and both iPads. I will be willing to bet combo packs of this firmware and app setting and lower will sell for big bucks at some point. I bought 2 iPads - one for each bird - that fly perfectly as is. I guess I won't be updating or upgrading anymore and will just fly these two birds to failure. I do not want a 1500 dollar brick.

Sent from my PT beating heart

I can take a phantom back to any version of Firmware but IOS version of GOAPP is not happening on non jailbroken IOS device. Android is easy.

Reactions: Apilot101
Press the camera button. If it doesn't allow you to connect switch the model to a different model then back to the P3 you have. Works for me.

No problem glad it worked.

So why do I not see any yellow zones. I only see yellow zones in the application but none on the map. Just red zones around airports.

So why do I not see any yellow zones. I only see yellow zones in the application but none on the map. Just red zones around airports.

Where in the app do you see yellow zones? I am only familiar with the map in the bottom right that can be toggled from full between camera.

Yellow zones are shown on the website on the beta version.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT